• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Destination Weddings

Today's DW Knottie of the Day

is ElleB87 aka Chanelle.

Congrats on your big day!! I'm so beyond jealous that your wedding is in Ireland...I can just imagine the popping colors against the green. I cannot wait to see all the pictures and hear all about the details coming together. Have a safe flight!!

1. First Name & Fiance's First Name

Chanelle and Jerrod

2. Your Age and Fiance's Age:

I’m 23 (will be 24 when we get married) and he is 24.

3. What city were you born in?

We were both born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

4. What city do you live in?

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

5. Where did you go to college?

College universitaire de Saint-Boniface (when I go back to school I will be attending Red River College)

6. What was your major?

I have a diploma in Creative Communications and a diploma in Desktop Publishing and Design.  I will be returning to school to earn a diploma in Community Economic Development.

7. What is your current job?

I work as a clerk for my provincial government and I’m a freelance writer.

8. What is your dream job?

Development Officer for the Canadian International Development Agency or a Project Manager for a United Nations organization.

9. How did you and your fiance' meet?

We both worked at the Winnipeg International Airport (me in Tourism and him in Baggage Screening) and I was friends with his dad, who introduced us.

10. When did you get engaged, and how did he do it?

We got engaged on my 22nd birthday.  He took me to a spa and hotel here in Winnipeg. When we got up to the room after our spa appointments I took a shower.  When I came out (wearing only a towel), there were roses and candles everywhere and a bottle of champagne. He got down on one knee and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him.  Of course, I said yes.

11. When is the Wedding Day?

December 6th, 2011 (but we are leaving for Ireland November 26th)

12. Where is the ceremony and reception?

Ashford Castle in Cong, Ireland

13. What are your wedding colors?

Lavender and gold

14. Where are you honeymooning?

Dublin Ireland

15. Favorite wedding vendor so far?

Our wedding planner Michelle from Waterlily Weddings – she has been fantastic!

16. Biggest wedding splurge?

Our photographer (and he’s soooo worth it!)

17. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?

Our best friends

18. Another Knottie whose wedding you'd like to attend?

Amethyst

19. Favorite book?

Stolen Angels by Kathy Cook

20. Favorite movie?

P.S I Love You

21. Favorite tv show?

Blue Bloods

22. Favorite wedding dress designer?

I do like Maggie Sottero, but I’m not wearing a designer gown.

23. Any advice you can give to other Knotties whose big day is coming up?

Remember that your wedding day is about celebrating love and the little details don’t matter much.   

24. Is there anything you wish you could change about your wedding?

Only that our best friend were financially able to come with us.

25. Tell us your Knottie name and how you came up with it.

ElleB87 – I’m usually much more creative but honestly, my “nickname” is Elle, my last name starts with B and the year I was born was 1987.

26. Tell us about yourself!

I never know what to say to this question.  Jerrod and I have a furbaby that we adore, our cat named Nermal (she is the only baby we want).  I am a very goal oriented person, who makes plans to make plans.  Jerrod is a dreamer who prefers to let things work themselves out.  I think we have just the right balance of similarities and differences; I make sure the responsibilities are taken care of and he makes sure we enjoy life.  I like yoga, reading and country music; Jerrod like comic books, video games and techno music.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
**Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards