Destination Weddings Discussions

Tipping

I'm really not sure, but who all should we tip and approximately how much?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tipping

• All the resorts say not to tip but my dad travels all the time and he gives the maid $10 the first day (for the week) and $2 for everyone else.  Some people won't accept it but I'm taking a wad of singles cuz I feel awkward not tipping.
  • In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_tipping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:c55875e6-9067-44ff-b34b-34009b778ad3Post:b6122914-0084-4365-a5e7-5bb139c343b6">Re: Tipping</a>:
    [QUOTE]All the resorts say not to tip but my dad travels all the time and he gives the maid $10 the first day (for the week) and $2 for everyone else.  Some people won't accept it but I'm taking a wad of singles cuz I feel awkward not tipping.
    Posted by joeys_wife[/QUOTE]

I agree...I've always heard that you get the best service at AI's when tipping even though you don't have to. I've heard some horror stories about maid service and "missing" items...tipping a couple dollars a day should secure a less chance of something going "missing" in your room.  Plus I found that I never had to wait for a server or waiter bringing me a drink when I tip $1 dollar per drink.
  • I tip like I'm at home.  A few dollars a day to the maid, $1/drink to the bartender, maybe a $5 for breakfast and a $10 for dinner. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_tipping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:c55875e6-9067-44ff-b34b-34009b778ad3Post:290534c0-3278-456b-bd92-84fcbb08ff89">Re: Tipping</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tip like I'm at home.  A few dollars a day to the maid, $1/drink to the bartender, maybe a $5 for breakfast and a $10 for dinner. 
    Posted by FutureMrs.McC[/QUOTE]

Ditto :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• What about the officiant? Limo driver (that's included with my wedding package)? Etc?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards