Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

anyone near philly?

first time writing on this board! yay!

so heres my story: my fiance and i have been angaged for amost 4 months now. i have looked and looked at wedding venues near my area and cannot find one im sold on! my mother, who has been amazing at looking at places as well, cant find any she likes. im not a picky person, im laid back, if a plan changes im okay with it, i dont care what color my table coths are going to be...but i feel like im doing something wrong. i cant find a venue that is "WOW...."

SO....we were thinking of a destination wedding. when i think of a DW i think some sort of island or a cruise even. when my mother says DW she thinks north carolina or virginia.

my question is...has anyone had a "semi" destination wedding? maybe something a couple hours away? how was it? was it worth it? i really like the idea of everyone spending more than 6 hours max with eachother, and having a fun weekend.

sorry this was long! thanks in advance

Re: anyone near philly?

• Options
    There are some people that are having DW that are closer to home.  I would first decide what is most important to you.  I mean do you want a wedding on an island or cruise ship?  One of the key things about any wedding is not to let anyone push you to make decisions that you don't want. 

That being said, I have seen so beautiful wedding in the Outer Banks and other places in the Carolinas too.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I agree with Cathy! Do it the way you and your FI want and ca afford! I do know someone that rented 2 beach houses in South Carolina and had the best wedding for her. I actually was going to do this in Hilton Head SC but then plans changed and we eloped to Hawaii instead! Maybe make a list of pros and cons for a DW away and a DW on the east coast and see what you would like to do better.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards