Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Intimate Reception Venues??

Hello. I am trying to find some ideas for a reception site. This will be my 2nd marriage (his first).  I did the big elaborate over the top wedding the first time around, My fiancee and I are both looking for an intimate location that would hold approximately 100 people give or take. I am thinking the Wilmington/ Southern Chester County PA area. Somewhere that we could hold the ceremony and reception all in one place. We love wineries so maybe thinking going that road but would love any ideas you may have to offer. I don't even know where to begin this time! :)

Re: Intimate Reception Venues??

• edited December 2011
    Check out Brantwyn in Delaware. It is a mansion and is gorgeous! You can have your ceremony outside in the gardens. We would have had our wedding there but our guest list was just too large.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • edited December 2011
    Chadds Ford Winery does do receptions... but I don't know if they can accomodate 100 people. 

I second Brantwyn.  Also the Blue Ballroom in Alapocas State Park.  There are a number of reception venues through the De State Parks that are absolutely gorgeous & very intimate. We ended up going with a place that was all-inclusive. 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards