Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Burning Question #5

Feel free to keep this completely anonymous if you want.  Or feel free to ignore this completely.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Burning Question #5

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No babies yet.  At least.... not planning on babies yet.  It's not a secret.  I like the way my life is now... and I don't want to add a baby into that right now.  Plus, with me having to work two jobs... that's not exactly condusive to being pregnant.  So until I can work one job... no babies.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    not ANYTIME soon.
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We will be TTC this summer and we are both pretty excited about it/ talk about it a lot these days.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_burning-question-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:1e57bdd0-4414-41da-bec5-6ffeaee53729Post:14cf943d-b327-47a8-be86-740d852a60fe">Re: Burning Question #5</a>:
    [QUOTE]We will be TTC this summer and we are both pretty excited about it/ talk about it a lot these days.
    Posted by Madam A[/QUOTE]

Yay for this!
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We'll be trying soon.  I wanted to enjoy a little bit of time settling into our house and just being married.  But we don't want to wait much longer to start, especially since DH wants 6 kids (yeah, not gonna happen).

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate being asked.  Or, people telling me that babies are next now that we're married.  I want to tell them to pause because a new job, new house and a savings account are first before a baby if we can control it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I HATE being asked when were having kids!

We talk baby names all the time but we are not trying yet. We both want to wait a couple years. Honestly I don't want to TCT, I think it puts a lot of pressure on a relationship. I want a if it happens it happens type of thing. If it don't happen then I guess we will track and such.
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not ready to give up my socal life anytime soon.

I know I am going to get flamed for this, but when you become a parent you start charting things like how much they poop and pee.  You discuss rice cereal vs wheat cereal.  This stuff is BORING.  I feel like everyone I know who has popped out kids recently has become completely stripped of their personality.  I don't want to be like that.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And speaking of babies, has anyone watched that new show on Lifetime?  I think it's called One Born Every Minute?

I watched it On Demand last night and I'll say, if you're either TTC or TTC soon, it's going to make you want a baby even more.  However, if you don't want kids any time soon, I think it'll reaffirm that as well.

• Options
    edited December 2011

I have major baby fever and we've been talking a lot lately about names, etc. But we know we do not want to TTC until we move this summer. I'll probably go off of my bc after we move and then whatever happens happens. I wont be crazy about charting and trying to get pregnant immediately but we won't not be trying either.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Exactly what Amer said. I love my social life; especially alcohol. And FI and I have a lot of travelling to do. So we won't even be thinking about it for at least 5 years.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_burning-question-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:1e57bdd0-4414-41da-bec5-6ffeaee53729Post:dd072e7a-e029-4fee-be56-aed8fda2cc4f">Re: Burning Question #5</a>:
    [QUOTE]I HATE being asked when were having kids! We talk baby names all the time but we are not trying yet. We both want to wait a couple years. <strong>Honestly I don't want to TCT, I think it puts a lot of pressure on a relationship. I want a if it happens it happens type of thing. If it don't happen then I guess we will track and such.
    </strong>Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]

In the beginning, I don't think we will be TRYING too hard, just not trying NOT to anymore... Then at some point, I'm sure we will start tracking and actually trying to plan for it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_burning-question-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:1e57bdd0-4414-41da-bec5-6ffeaee53729Post:8234f4e1-8f21-4dd3-abaa-50b1d54e208c">Re: Burning Question #5</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Burning Question #5 : Yay for this!
    Posted by ButtonsPepper[/QUOTE]

::high five::
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_burning-question-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:1e57bdd0-4414-41da-bec5-6ffeaee53729Post:08b0c8ba-17a7-4608-8b90-719de5bed472">Re: Burning Question #5</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Burning Question #5 : ::high five::

<div>:) </div><div>Yay to both of you!!</div><div>
    </div><div>Although I will say DH and I are both with Amer right now. We both aren't ready to give up the social 'do what you want, when you want' schedule just yet. We're aiming to get a dog in the summer- so one step at a time</div><div>;)</div><div>
    </div>
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_burning-question-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:1e57bdd0-4414-41da-bec5-6ffeaee53729Post:8002b807-cc3c-4cea-b5f1-fa550c923b90">Re: Burning Question #5</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Burning Question #5 : In the beginning, I don't think we will be TRYING too hard, just not trying NOT to anymore... Then at some point, I'm sure we will start tracking and actually trying to plan for it.

This is what I meant for us too.

Plus I think I mentioned before I have a fear of not being able to have kids. So I think if I would chart right off of stopping BCP and nothing happening I would most likely upset my self over it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Madam,
    I like to call it "not actively trying to prevent"  ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I were kinda trying when we first got engaged... it just felt right. Well, we weren't actively trying NOT to. I'm kinda glad it didn't happen.

We'll definitely start right after we're married... My hope is that we have a 3 bedroom house first though, but we'll see. We could make do in his 2 bedroom, I just would rather have a 3. I want a huge family, he'd be happy with 4.

I swear, having a baby doesn't strip you of your social life. I have a 2 year old and I still find time to a) spend with her and b) have grown up time. If I didn't, I'd go crazy. But we do fun stuff at home now, (BYOB) with a bunch of our friends. Like the pizza night I mentioned a few weeks ago. So much fun. We sit around, drink tons of wine, make pizza on the grill, (Try it- it's awesome) and sit in the hot tub. I'd honestly rather do that then go to the bar anymore.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    We aren't right now but maybe a year after we get married and move back closer to family. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :-( how am I the only one trying right now! boo
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our timeline is:
    2011- House (check)
    2012 - wedding
    2013-14 - TTC

TTC is based on FI getting his degree and a job using it.  And no prossibly of deployment if he goes into the guards (which he most likely will).  I don't think I can handle a new baby and him leaving.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we might start TTC after the wedding.... hopefully.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_burning-question-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:1e57bdd0-4414-41da-bec5-6ffeaee53729Post:bc8008c5-9362-422e-aee7-ae150155ac17">Re: Burning Question #5</a>:
    [QUOTE]Madam, I like to call it "not actively trying to prevent"  ;)
    Posted by ooodsie[/QUOTE] I think this is what we are going to do as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think why my DH and I arent TTC might sound selfish to others but it works for us.
    2010- Married and enjoying it
    2011- Buy a house, get settled, go on vacation for our 1 year anniversary
    2012- My best friend gets married in July of 2012, I do not want to be pregnant for any of her events.... Plus we would like to try to plan a vaction in 2012 too....

I would say once her wedding is over and if we plan a vacation, after that or DURING the vacation ;) we would "not actively prevent it" anymore....

• Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    we don't have kids for another 5 years. We want to enjoy being together since we've spent more time apart bc of us being away at school. We also want to be financially stable first.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_burning-question-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:1e57bdd0-4414-41da-bec5-6ffeaee53729Post:7b04354f-31b8-4103-9267-91b980ed87be">Re: Burning Question #5</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate being asked.  Or, people telling me that babies are next now that we're married.  I want to tell them to pause because a new job, new house and a savings account are first before a baby if we can control it.
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

this! but...well this Oct. I hit the big 30 so I figure I have a little play time to enjoy being married, then it's time to get down to baby business!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont wanna get pregnate for at least a year after were married
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're on a 5 year wait.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We recently discussed TTC over the summer.  That honestly doesn't work well for me b/c I want to be able to be there in the spring for my dance classes.  We are now thinking maybe September but then I don't want to be all big and hot in the summer lol.  I think the best time for us would be in the spring but I'm not quite ready yet but don't want to wait another year to start.  I have a doctors appt in March to change a medication I take that you can't take when preggers and then I am going to probably have my BC removed in October at my annual obgyn appt.  After that, I'm thinking whatever happens happens and my dancer self will just have to deal with it.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards