Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

BECAUSE I WANTED TO

i just got a FB message from a girl i havent seen since high school, full of sad smileys asking me WHY i trashed my dress, and it was SO pretty, blah blah blah. 

really?  get a grip. 

1.  did you pay for it?
2. why do you care?
3. BECAUSE I WANTED TO
4. BECAUSE I WANTED TO

i was diplomatic, and listed the reasons i had for deciding to TTD, but why the eff should i have even needed to explain myself to her?   if she was like, "oh ive never seen that before, what made you decide to do that"  it wouldve been one thing, but the way she wrote the message was so judgemental, i shouldve just answered "MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS"

bitchezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Re: BECAUSE I WANTED TO

• Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment

Hahaha, I can't wait for those type of people to come out again.  When I got engaged, girls from my sorority that I hadn't talked to in a few years were asking about my b-party. 

I honestly hadn't heard about TTD until my WC told me about it!  I was appalled at first, but I freaking love all the pictures!  I'm still trying to find a dress to do a last min one.  We're going to talk to the photog the day of and ask if he could do one another day while we're on the island.

• Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2011
    Haha I can't wait for those kinds of emails. The best one I've had so far was from a girl who I was best friends with when we were very little but I haven't seen since I was 3 (no exaggeration) asking if she could come to Hawaii. I told her no, since no one but our parents are invited, but invited her to the reception and believe it or not, her mom and her have already requested the time off and booked a hotel to come to our freaking AHR. North Dakota to Maryland. I'm actually kind of excited to see her :) We've stayed in touch over the years, as penpals when we were kids and now through facebook.

ANYWAY-- seriously though, how is it any of her damn business? TTD sessions are awesome. The first time I heard about it was from a photographer colleague's site. He took this beautiful photo and I've been hooked ever since.

• Options
    I probably either wouldn't have responded or just been like "because I wanted to, the pics are awesome!"  Did I miss your TTD pics?  
  • Options
    yah what business is it of hers. people still think I'm nuts that I want to do a TTD session, then they see the pics. That shuts them right up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • Options
    How annoying. I would probably defriend her only because I hate annoying biotches.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_because-wanted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:d6336982-4b31-49e7-9a78-320d06213055Post:29032e21-7c57-4be7-a0a0-a0f61c81c98c">Re: BECAUSE I WANTED TO</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did I miss your TTD pics?  
    Posted by aukelly[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.. I really want to see the pictures!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_because-wanted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:d6336982-4b31-49e7-9a78-320d06213055Post:29032e21-7c57-4be7-a0a0-a0f61c81c98c">Re: BECAUSE I WANTED TO</a>:
    [QUOTE]I probably either wouldn't have responded or just been like "because I wanted to, the pics are awesome!"  Did I miss your TTD pics?  
    Posted by aukelly[/QUOTE]

nope!!  i havent gotten them back yet.   in "bermuda 2011 - part deux"  there are pics i took of my dress on the side of the road, and it mustve put her over the edge.  lol.   oh hai, its MY dress kthx!!!   btw, i graduated HS 14yrs ago.  

im hoping im blogged soon.   ill let ya know!
  • Options
    Okay cool.  I looked and saw the dress beside the road.  I guess that is where her response came from.  I can't wait to see the pics.  I know they will be AWESOME!
  • Options
    i hope so!!  i had visions of pics of us running and frolicking on the beach, climbing on rocks, and jumping in......all kinds of crazy stuff.   the water was a bit more rough then we had anticipated so the rock climbing/jumping/swimming stuff was eliminated, and frolicking kinda turned into more mushy making out hahaha.   we couldnt help it!!   i cannot wait to see them!!
  • Options
    I am more excited about TTD than the actual wedding photos! I am in love with the idea, and I agree who the hell does she think she is?! My mom didn't like the idea, but I told her I don't care to hold onto it because chances are my daughter won't want my dress just like most of us don't want our mothers dresses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards