Destination Weddings Discussions

Uber stressed...

Im hoping you ladies can help snap me out of it...

So last week or the week before, i cant even remember, my resort had us fill out a last minute checklist of details for our wedding.  It was simple enough, it was basically just to outline everything we want and all our requests so when we get there we donbt have to spend as much time going over the basics.  Well I just got a reponse back now saying we cant have the private dinner where we want it... Mind you, I emailed them WEEKS ago asking if we could because I knew we wouldnt make the guest requirement necessary.  They responded saying we could.
I did look back at the email and it wasnt really clear that it was private when they finally said yes (there had been several emails prior where is was discussed that it would be private but not in that one) so now im thinking I dont have a leg to stand on when it comes to fighting this.  Im just so stressed.  I know its stupid, but if its not private then theres no DJ, which means just dinner, no dancing no first dance...
We are still having a private bonfire on the beach afterwards with a steel drum band but that was supposed to be more relaxing with a little dancing.  That wasnt meant to be the only for of a reception. 

I know some of must think im being a brat about this but its not how ive been planning for.  Ive even printed all the programs that have the name of the restaurant in them, along with the welcome letters, and even purchased hanging lanterns that we wont be able to hang if its not a private dinner...

Please someone have some wine first for getting through this, then help me with what to do... Thanks for reading... Cry

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Uber stressed...

• And now to top it off im going back and forth through emails with the wedding coordinator while my darling FI is at his parents where apparently his dad and brother decided to get him drunk and take him to a strip club.  I honestly couldnt care less that he's at a strip club but he always said that he doesnt like them so if this their idea of his bachelor party then why not do something he likes... I guess it doesnt help that im here (off on a sunday hes off too which doesnt happen often) and im alone fighting with the wedding coordinator.

Ugh im hating this day...

• Um ya. I'd be irritated about both. I would let them know you have printed your stuff already bc they had said it was a done deal. I'm sorry ;-(((
  • Hey Jules! Im sorry that that happened to you. But just remember that everything happens for a reason and I am sure it will work out for the absolute best!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks ladies, Im trying to stay positive but its not helping that responses take forever.  i know thats common with DW weddings and ive heard that alot in the past with this particular resort but was told by multiple brides that they are amazing and extremely confident, and that you would never know there was little contact throughout- that they make it all work.

And come to find out that my FI was just messing with me and was in fact at Applebee's watching the game.  He thought it would snap me out of this drama and make me laugh... remind me later to kill him.  I did not find it funny. In fact the only funny part about it is that he thought that would help... oh geez... gotta love them...
  • Try not to stress too much, somethings we can't control. When I left I wasn't even sure where my cocktail hour was going to be, once I was there we figured it all out. Maybe when you get there and talk to the WC face to face you guys can come up with something that will work out.
    And don't worry, it will be perfect no matter what! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry your going through this Jules :( Hopefully you and the resort can figure this out. I def do not see you as a brat you have every right to be upset. Def keep us updated on how it works out. As for FI and his "joke" mine would do the same thing I think its their way of making things better but really it doesn't lol. 
    Anniversary
  • Thank you Marcia and Meg... Btw Marcia I posted everywhere I can, congrats- you looked amazing!!! I've definitely been FB stalking you for pics lol... And I know no matter what it will be perfect it's just annoying that all my planning has lead to this, this is why I asked so many questions along the way! Meg, thanks for thinking im not a brat lol, that's why I came here when everything was crazy lol. You girls are the best... I don't get men and their jokes but I've already hit him for that lol. Now he's out picking me up veggies for dinner. I'll keep you posted on the results!
  • Sorry I am late on this. Try attaching previous e-mails. What is the difference in guest numbers needed? Would paying the difference be an option? Tell them that you have several non-refundable things, and have already paid a DJ (even if you just compiled music on an Ipod, you can say you hired a DJ for this). See if they will budge. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards