Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

check!! aaaand a minus :(

every year FI and I go to NYC on Thanksgiving eve and walk through the balloon inflation/viewing.   so yesterday, we figured while we were there, we'd go to the jeweler.     We bought our wedding rings!!!!   I got channel set princess diamonds and FI got plain polished titaniium with beveled edges.  AND, i got my ring dipped and polished while i was there.  yay!!!!!!! 

THEN, i said, hey since we're here, lets run to the dress shop and ill give them some more money towards my dress.   sounds good, right?  no.   

When I was there in June, I picked out my dress and my consultant said they usually take 60% but if I gave her $500, Id be good.  So I gave her $500, she said "ok, 6-8 months, just give us some more money whenever, but you have to have 50% by the first fitting"   no problem!  i left and went on my way. 

THEY NEVER ORDERED MY DRESS.   My wedding is in less then 6 months.    And yesterday they say, we wont order it unless we have the full 60%.   So, i can give it to them, but im really mad!   Im thinking of going to another shop.  Jerks!!! 

Re: check!! aaaand a minus :(

• Options
    yay for your rings!
    ouch on your dress.  I HATE it when sales people give you one set of info and then forget to inform everyone about it and/or mark it on your documents.  Very annoying.  I would be mighty pissed if that happened to me.  Can you get the money you already put down back if you want to go to another store? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You didn't get any sort of receipt or sales slip when you handed over the $500?  That's kind of shady.  If you did, I'd go back in there with that receipt and raise holy heck and demand not only the dress, but that it be ordered as a rush job at THEIR expense - and I'd definitely be dealing with the manager, not some staff person on the floor.  Oh, and they'd get a report from me on the BBB website too.  But I'm feisty like that.  lol

YAY on your checks, though - can't wait to see pics of the rings!
  • Options
    Yay rings! That sucks about the bridal shop. I would be pissed! I think I would find another shop. You still have enough time to do so. Keep us posted.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_check-aaaand-minus?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:d98a69a4-827f-44c2-8dfc-684cb1a4964ePost:8cac2069-0283-4e53-8927-77c0ad58791d">Re: check!! aaaand a minus :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]You didn't get any sort of receipt or sales slip when you handed over the $500?  That's kind of shady.  If you did, I'd go back in there with that receipt and raise holy heck and demand not only the dress, but that it be ordered as a rush job at THEIR expense - and I'd definitely be dealing with the manager, not some staff person on the floor.  Oh, and they'd get a report from me on the BBB website too.  But I'm feisty like that.  lol YAY on your checks, though - can't wait to see pics of the rings!
    Posted by chosen175[/QUOTE]

This!  That seems super shady to me!

But congrats on the rings!  That's so fun!  I still need to go pick up mine, eeek!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_check-aaaand-minus?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:d98a69a4-827f-44c2-8dfc-684cb1a4964ePost:8cac2069-0283-4e53-8927-77c0ad58791d">Re: check!! aaaand a minus :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]You didn't get any sort of receipt or sales slip when you handed over the $500?  That's kind of shady.  If you did, I'd go back in there with that receipt and raise holy heck and demand not only the dress, but that it be ordered as a rush job at THEIR expense - and I'd definitely be dealing with the manager, not some staff person on the floor.  Oh, and they'd get a report from me on the BBB website too.  But I'm feisty like that.  lol YAY on your checks, though - can't wait to see pics of the rings!
    Posted by chosen175[/QUOTE]

THIS!! I would demand that they order the dress rush at their expense or get your $500 back and go elsewhere. They don't deserve your business IMO after telling you one thing and then changing their mind. Like weren't they wondering why you'd give them $500 instead of the normal 60%? You'd think they'd call you and say "We're kind of confused, what's up?" Keep us posted on what you decide to do!
  • Options
    thanks girls!

i do have a receipt.  but i didnt have it with me since I just stopped in.  I wanted to come home and look it over, and talk to my mom about what transpired while we were there, before i lost my mind.   sure enough it went down exactly as i had thought, and the receipt says NOTHING about 60% or anything.   This is a very reputable shop, that has been around for ages, and has been on several wedding shows.   Never in a million years did I think they would screw me! 

So today, I spoke to my super businessman uncle and he came up with a plan.   Im gonna call them tomorrow and see what they say and go from there.    I have a backup shop.  I just hope I dont lose my deposit.  (if i have to go the new shop route)  Im upset cause I dont want them to have my business at this point, but I dont want to lose $$$ either.    Im just tryin to keep a cool head and hopefully the manager and I can come to some sort of resolution.   fingers crossed!!

i hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards