Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

NWR: FI

First, an AW for FI because he was offered a new job today!  More money but much longer commute... we'll see what happens.  Not 100% sure he's going for it.

Second, while FI was in the shower last night I got on TK.  He comes downstairs, and huffs at me!  He told me that if I'm on TK after the wedding, my laptop privileges are revoked for a month lol.  He can't understand how anyone can talk/look at wedding stuff so much.

Re: NWR: FI

• Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY, I hope he takes the job. How much longer is the commute?

My FI thinks I am insane for the amount of time I am on TK and looking online at wedding stuff. He already asked me if I will stay on TK after the wedding LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We live in N. Delaware, and he currently works in Center City Philly... the new job is up in Bethlehem!  That's an extra 1/2 hour or so.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    To be fair we don't always talk about weddings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, but he's going nowhere at his current company.  He didn't sound thrilled when I talked to him earlier, so I guess we need to discuss it more later.  This may be our first married-ish decision to make together haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_nwr-fi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:1f1e70ce-f553-4a03-9b9c-19335d9332eaPost:2f5ff650-1bd2-4408-ae16-0dd51de36569">Re: NWR: FI</a>:
    [QUOTE]To be fair we don't always talk about weddings.
    Posted by NCV2[/QUOTE]

I know.  I should tell him the same thing about his ESPN habit.
  • Options
    bigjajapoofbigjajapoof member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is going to add some mileage to the car geez
    Even though i'm now married you ladies can't get rid of me. Hit me up www.facebook.com/groomzilla BOOYAH!!!
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Congrats to your FI!

yea when I told FI about TK, he was like 'wait- you just sit around and talk about wedding stuff?...like a whole website dedicated to weddings?'
    :-P
    They just don't get how much planning goes into these things! haha
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know that I would take the job if it meant more money... he already drives kinda far now, so a little further is not so bad.  Good luck with making a decision. :)

This is true, we don't always talk about weddings... and I should talk to him about how he can play video games all. day. long.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DH makes fun of me because I'm still on TK ..

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The funny thing is that we drive into the city together now, and we alternate our cars to avoid killing them.  We'll see...  I'm just happy he was offered a good job.  Even if he doesn't take it, at least its encouraging that he got it.
  • Options
    benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats to your FI on the job offer.  i think bethlehem is more than an additional 1/2 though, especially when you add in the traffic going around the philly area from DE.  my FI is in bethlehem and it takes me 40 minutes from doylestown.

i am going to have to kick back my TK habit after our wedding also.  i cannot get on when i am at work and FI will not like it i am on as much after all the wedding craziness is over!
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah Bethlehem is at least 60 minutes north of Center City, probably closer to 90, and that's without rush hour traffic.  Has he tested out the drive during interviews?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He got there in just over an hour for the interview.  Its a straight shot from 95 to 476 (Blue Route to NE Extension) avoiding the real city traffic.  We already leave at 7am to avoid traffic now.  He would probably have to bump that up 20mins.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards