Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

G/B/U- Our Wedding Day

Our wedding day doesn’t really fit into the good, bad and ugly. Instead of breaking it down in that way, I’m going to take you through the wedding day and how it all came together. If you have any questions, please ask away.

Our wedding was at 9am so we had to get up at 5am to have everyone’s hair and make-up done in time. I didn’t sleep the best the night before. I’m guessing from nerves and excitement. I also stayed up a little too late while finishing up getting things together for the wedding. If I had to have an ugly, this would be it; not getting enough sleep.

Hurricane Daniel was happening and even though it wasn’t in Hawaii, it really affected the weather there. The night before the wedding it started storming and continued on into the morning. I didn’t think much of it because the rain in Hawaii always clears up by morning. Plus, I was busy getting ready for our wedding.

Everything went well with getting ready. Loved my make-up artist and how my hair was done. Make sure to read all of my reviews that I posted earlier on all of the fabulous vendors we used. It was really nice having them come to me and staying right where the wedding was taking place. Saved us time and stress. I actually don’t remember being stressed at all that morning. Just tired.

At some point, my getting ready started to fall behind. I still wasn’t stressed because I wasn’t watching  the time, but everyone else was and I could tell they were starting to move around really frantic. I didn’t care though and just continued to get ready and enjoyed a glass of champagne while doing so.

I also started noticing everyone coming in with huge umbrellas and that’s when I noticed how much it was really raining. I still didn’t worry about it though thinking it would clear up and everything would be fine. Others were freaking out about it though. Our flower lady was having a hard time setting up a flower ring with the rain coming down and the wind blowing. Our music wasn’t able to be set up since it was an i-Pod and speakers and there was nowhere to do it that wouldn’t get wet. Things that were all planned just weren’t able to happen because of the rain and the wind.

I was finally ready and everyone was grabbing the huge umbrellas to cover me up and take me to the beach. Just as we were about to go outside, the rain stopped. The clouds parted, the sun came out and a huge rainbow stretched across the sky. The flower circle looked beautiful. Our Reverend knew all the songs we were going to walk to and performed them all for us. Way better than playing them on the i-pod!

The ceremony was so sweet. We exchanged leis and gave one to my daughter. Drew got really choked up and the Reverend had him slow down and had me give him a big hug. It was so cute. I was surprised to see him get so emotional.  Or kiss at the end was super long. Everyone started laughing. We were just so happy!

The sun came out so bright it was hard to see at times. It stayed clear through the whole ceremony and for us to get pictures on the beach. It started back up again before we could get all the pictures we wanted, but we just went to the cocktail hour and enjoyed tropical mimosas and Hawaiian doughnuts with our guests instead.

The rain stopped when it was time for the lunch and we never got wet. Our lunch was perfect. They set everything up so nice with all the things I’d made all at one table. Besides the appetizers we had pre-selected, the chef sent out additional ones for free. We were so happy to see it was out other favorite appetizer. We also had fresh baked bread and little servings of asparagus bisque soup. They made up special menus for us and everyone got to pick from over 20 entrees. One of the best meals I’ve had in my entire life.

Our cake was amazing and we were so happy with how it turned out. The cake and cake cutting pictures are some of my favorites and I could put together a whole album just of those pictures. They are just so us and we look so happy.

The rain didn’t come back for the rest of the day and it was great the whole time we were outside at the luau that night. Even though I was really tired by the time we got to the luau, it was still tons of fun and a great after party.

As far as I was concerned, everything was perfect. I was so happy to finally see Drew and to marry him. None of the rest mattered. Sure, there were things that didn’t happen, items we couldn’t use and pictures that weren’t taken, but it really didn’t matter. Plus, many things were even better than they would have been if it wasn’t for the rain, like having all of our songs performed live instead of using the i-Pod. I was way too happy and in-love for any of it to affect me. I read somewhere that a wedding is a party, not a performance. If at the end of the day you are married to the one you love, that everything went perfectly. It really is like that. The whole day was just- perfect.

Don’t stress about the what-ifs or things not happening. Your day will be perfect no matter what. It will come together exactly as it’s supposed to. And at the end of the day, you will be married to the man of your dreams. Can’t get much more perfect than that.

Re: G/B/U- Our Wedding Day

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards