Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

handwrite or print?

Starting Wednesday I am off until the end of the year. I want to get my invites out the first week of January.  I've toyed with what to do, print, print labels, or handwrite my invites.  What are you doing?  What should I do?  I have the time but my handwriting isn't the greatest.

Here's a poll just to make it more fun.

Re: handwrite or print?

• Options
    Printing them was SO easy, so that's my advice, Kelly. It's good you have the time, but ENJOY YOUR TIME OFF! ;) Printing just took one afternoon. It was so nice! Good luck!
  • Options
    I used a label for my STD's and they looked great.  Plus my handwriting looks that of a serial killer. ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_handwrite-print?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:dcf41882-3a06-4108-86f0-52ca253eee0cPost:ff2241dc-9617-4028-b1eb-7e3bf919758b">Re: handwrite or print?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used a label for my STD's and they looked great.  Plus my handwriting looks that of a serial killer. ;)
    Posted by fsujen18[/QUOTE]

LOL! I always think of a serial killer cutting letters out of newspapers and magzines and gluing them all together, so now I'm picturing your STD's addressed like that.

I hand addressed all of my invites, but not because of any etiquette rules. Just because we didn't have an overwhelming number to send out and I was too lazy to go buy labels. I just sat on the couch and addressed them while I watched tv.
  • Options
    I would print the envelops.  While handwritten is more formal I think printing the envelops looks just as good and my handwriting is not so good. 
  • Options

When my time comes I plan to print lables.  I did this for my STD's and I thought they looked fine.  It was just more convienent for me.  My handwriting sucks when I write a bunch, so that is definately out.  I've seen some printed envelopes that didn't look so great, so I feel the lables for us is the most logical and best looking way to go.

Good Luck (And I'm super jealous of your time off!)

• Options
    I think I would print labels, in your situation. I might just handwrite mine but I have wayyy less than I imagine you do. How many are you looking at? If it's over 50, I say use a printer. I addressed about 36 STD's by hand and it was pretty painstaking, since I don't have that great of writing either and had to be very careful. Plus, I'm kind of picky with having stuff layed out uniformly so some of them took a couple attempts.

Also, the room for human error is greater. I know inside and out that my friend's last name is Gaherty, yet I put Firstname Gallagher on the envelope, lol! Gallagher is my landlord's last name and I guess my hand just instinctively wrote Gallagher which I write on the rent check envelope every month, haha!!! And I didn't even realize it until the possibility just popped into my mind one day and I asked my friend, Ummm, did I strangely put Gallagher on your STD????? Embarassingly enough, that was affirmative.
  • Options
    HAHAHA Laura!  That's funny.  That sounds like something I would do too.  

I guess I'm going to just run them through the printer.  I wish I had better handwriting bc I really feel like writing them but I don't think they will look good.  

Spaz I'm with you.  When I think serial killer I think cut out letters too.  :)
  • Options

I picked print them because it's easy. I haven't actually made my invitations yet (yes I'm a slacker) but that's what I plan on doing. My handwriting is awful too and I'm not a big fan of labels. But, if you could find a cute them-ey label then I think it could be cute. Printing them just seems the least stressful!

• Options
    I say print them because is easy. I have terrible handwriting as well and cannot catch myself writing out 75 invitations, but printing them would look nice. You can play around with nice fonts, etc. My STDs where printed and I loved the way they turned out. GL!

Wedding Bio

New Married Blog
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker ~Pamela&Steven~6.25.2011~PuntaCana,DR~ image
  • Options
    I only had to address 31 invitiations so I hand wrote them and it wasn't too bad.  My handwriting is OK and I tried not to be fancy.  I did have to rewrite a couple of them because I misspelled the name or did something like Laura....made up a street name or last name!  lol.

Even with 30 invites though, I was still tempted to print them...I'm glad I didn't though.  I think the handwriting added a personal touch.  Also, I tend to be technologically challenged, especially when it comes to printers so I figured handwriting would be safer overall. 

How many do you have to do?
  • Options
    I had to send out 172 invitaitons for 256 people...labels were my friend.Clear labels with script font were also my best friend! Save the time. No one will mind the labels. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards