Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Friday Poll #6 Jealousy

Who or what makes you jealous?  Do you find it flattering or creepy to find out someone is jealous of you or your lifestyle?

Re: Friday Poll #6 Jealousy

• Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I get jealous when all of my friends in Pittsburgh get to go out together. 

I'm jealous of people that can eat whatever and don't gain weight. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friday-poll-6-jealousy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:2019bed3-06f2-4088-8eb0-24df6415ac01Post:e14a2183-6dfc-4eac-93ab-7cd4e876801b">Re: Friday Poll #6 Jealousy</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get jealous when all of my friends in Pittsburgh get to go out together.  <strong>I'm jealous of people that can eat whatever and don't gain weight. 
    </strong>Posted by amy727[/QUOTE]

This. And people with tons of money.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friday-poll-6-jealousy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:2019bed3-06f2-4088-8eb0-24df6415ac01Post:e14a2183-6dfc-4eac-93ab-7cd4e876801b">Re: Friday Poll #6 Jealousy</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm jealous of people that can eat whatever and don't gain weight. 
    Posted by amy727[/QUOTE]

This.

I am also jealous of people who have enough money that they don't have to worry about finances.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    I get jealous of people who have normal work schedules.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Def. the eat whatever and never gain weight and the money thing. It would be nice to never have to worry.

I don't think anyone could possibly be jealous of me. Although when I first started being friends with FI, this girl in our class HATED me b/c of it. She was super jealous - she was a terrible person and super ugly - so I didn't feel bad about calling her the CHODE (insert dum dum dum music). When I started dating FI, she was even worse - I mean I'd get DEATH glares all the time and we lived in the same building...but despite all this, I LOVED it. Mainly b/c I hated her, but also b/c it totally skeeved FI out! We still joke about it...
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ironically, I was jealous of you in HS, TCT. You always seemed so sure of yourself and I knew you would go far... whereas I was super self conscious and afraid everyone hated me all through HS.

I'm jealous of people who are sure of their lives... financially stable, and naturally thin!
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how I would feel about someone being jealous of me, because I don't think I have anything to really be jealous about, haha.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm jealous of people who don't work 6 days a week, 60 hrs a week...
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm jealous of people who have the money/time/energy to do fun stuff and travel on the weekends.

I'm jealous of people who are oblivious and relaxed.  I care too much and worry/stress too much.

I find it creepy when people express jealousy of me.  Especially now when I don't have anything to be jealous of besides a good marriage/relationship.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I get jealous of people that have office jobs, I wish sometimes I had a job like that, then I could be around adults all day and have cute little office parties for birthdays and stuff like that.

I think its silly to get jealous of me cuz I am getting married, and even more silly to be crazy to me about it. That is just stupid.  Excuse me for getting married after being with the same man for almost 7 years... haha.

• Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friday-poll-6-jealousy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:2019bed3-06f2-4088-8eb0-24df6415ac01Post:d242bf2c-7058-49db-b1b7-0db408d84a57">Re: Friday Poll #6 Jealousy</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get jealous of people that have office jobs, I wish sometimes I had a job like that, then I could be around adults all day and have cute little office parties for birthdays and stuff like that.Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

I'll glady give you my day. It's more 'never seeing daylight' in a cube, sitting all day, and be around selfish corporate people.

I echo the jealously of people who can eat what they want and not get fat and those who have money to travel a lot.

I'm also jealous of being who are doing what they love and enjoy going to work every day.
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL jess, I just miss the adult interaction, not like I can't get it here, it is just different when it is in person. I guess in my fantasy world my cubicle would have a view of a window ;)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahaha yes- a window might make this place SLIGHTLY better
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amer - you may be jealous of people with regular schedules, but I am jealous that you have an interesting job, get fresh air, and seem to love what you do!  Ditto to Jesster...I am trapped in a windowless, cinderblock 6x6 officle for 8 hours a day and am usually quite miserable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup- I'm jealous of amer's job b/c it's Got a different change of scenery daily. Same with b2b b/c you're not in an office setting. I'm in a 6x12 closet with no windows, no ac and the heater is constantly blowing. (it's 79 in here right now. Dry, hospital air sucks)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm jealous of people who have the money to travel whenever they please.

For example: One of my friends bought a ticket to go to Columbia for "a month or two". He just got back from being in Africa for a year. I don't remember the last time he had a job.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will ditto the money and the eating jealousy.

I am jealous of the people who have traveled and loved their college years.

I commuted to school (by choice) but I also worked.
    I never studied abroad or went on fun sping breaks or traveled during my summers.
    I worked.

I mean right now I am probably better off for it...but man do I want to love my college years as much as my friends did
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    B2B - it's so funny you say that about office jobs!   I always think that your job must be fun - you get to do things with little A, and you're not always tethered to the same spot (i.e., desk with computer).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL yea my job has its perks :)   I won't be jealous anymore. haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friday-poll-6-jealousy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:2019bed3-06f2-4088-8eb0-24df6415ac01Post:ceb85f47-4b6e-46c8-a79a-ebd33580ffc9">Re: Friday Poll #6 Jealousy</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL yea my job has its perks :)   I won't be jealous anymore. haha.
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

And you get to wear whatever you want... not business professional clothes every.damn.day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yea, you mean right now I have on yoga pants and a hoodie ;)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I sometimes find it creepy when people are jealous of my job.  It sounds much cooler than it is... but radio has some creepy groupies, so sometimes I don't know if the person is being nice about being jealous about my job... or if they're a creepy radio groupie.  

Sometimes... when people ask me where I work... I just say our parent company, and not the actual station call letters. 

This one time... I was cantoring at Mass, and the nun who runs the church got up and announced to the congregation the wedding that was happening that Saturday, and she asked myself and Gzilla to stand up, too.  After Mass, this creepy radio groupie guy came up and introduced himself because he recognized my name and Gzilla's name from the two shows that we do.  Creepy.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am jealous of people who "know someone" and get a teaching job right out of college....

I am jealous of people who only have to work ONE JOB.. and have time to go to the gym for an hour-two a night, cook dinner, go to bed early because they are home by 5pm every night.

I am jealous of people who can eat ANYTHING and not gain any weight...
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friday-poll-6-jealousy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:2019bed3-06f2-4088-8eb0-24df6415ac01Post:c45a583e-b5de-478b-809a-c47cd8111a83">Re: Friday Poll #6 Jealousy</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Poll #6 Jealousy : And you get to wear whatever you want... not business professional clothes every.damn.day.
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

this,

Business professional clothes are expensive and uncomfortable. I just wanna wear jeans dammit. JEANS!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friday-poll-6-jealousy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:2019bed3-06f2-4088-8eb0-24df6415ac01Post:63ed89b6-a348-4b09-bed0-63a2c2c042e3">Re: Friday Poll #6 Jealousy</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh yea, you mean right now I have on yoga pants and a hoodie ;)
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

I'm wearing a suit.  I wear a suit every day.  I cannot explain the level of my jealousy over your yoga pants and hoodie.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friday-poll-6-jealousy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:2019bed3-06f2-4088-8eb0-24df6415ac01Post:31b96957-0bd8-42be-a820-54eedfc9689f">Re: Friday Poll #6 Jealousy</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Poll #6 Jealousy : I'm wearing a suit.  I wear a suit every day.  I cannot explain the level of my jealousy over your yoga pants and hoodie.
    Posted by ev4149[/QUOTE] well you can be jealous of my yoga pants but I can be jealous of your salary ;)  We can call it even!
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Other than the normal people who don't have to worry about $$ and people who can eat anything without gaining weight, I'm jealous of my peers who are starting their doctoral programs. I probably sound like a broken record, but I totally have this on the brain! Most of them either work somewhere that they can go for free, or don't have to worry about $$ (which is the reason I don't feel like I can start yet).

I have so much to be thankful for, but sometimes it's difficult not to get a little jealous. Then again, they're going to be jealous of me next year when I'm heading home and they're heading to class or I'm going to do something fun and they're doing homework!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    LOL B2B, good point! 

And that makes me jealous of another set of people... people who have no student loans!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friday-poll-6-jealousy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:2019bed3-06f2-4088-8eb0-24df6415ac01Post:f66cb2cb-9f00-4575-8f4a-ff3e1f7b412f">Re: Friday Poll #6 Jealousy</a>:
    [QUOTE] And that makes me jealous of another set of people... people who have no student loans!
    Posted by ev4149[/QUOTE]

Ditto!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    >>And that makes me jealous of another set of people... people who have no student loans!<<

cha-CHING!!!
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards