Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

The 17 Day Diet

Soooo. I have hit a plateau with my weight loss. So I have been researching different diets to switch up my routine. I have been looking at diets that aren't just fads, the kind that you can turn into new eating habits, healthy ones! I looked at a ton, Adkins, South Beach, Weight Watchers (which didn't work for me at all when I tried it this summer), Paleo, and the 17 Day Diet. The 17 Day Diet I had never heard of ever until the past week or so. I have done research and my mom bought the book, and I think it is the one I am going to go with. I have decided to start it on Sunday, Jan 1. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting it with me. We could post daily or weekly, or just every couple of days to keep each other accountable and share ideas and all kinds of good stuff. So. More information:

The 17 Day Diet:

Has three cycles, each lasting 17 days, plus a fourth long-term maintenance cycle. This plan is supposed to help you lose weight quickly, avoid plateaus, and revamp your metabolism. It offers vast results and the calorie confusion helps burn fat, keep your metabolism accelerated, and avoid boredom.

Cycle 1: Accelerate: Strips your diet down to the bare bones of approximately 1,200 calories per day. It promises weight loss of 10-15 pounds, most of which is water weight. (Yes, 1,200 is very little, but it's only temporarily, simply to jump start your weight loss.) “This phase cleanses, hydrates, removes unhealthy carbs, improves unhealthy eating habits, and stimulates fat metabolism," Moreno says.

Cycle 2: Activate: The food plan is altered by adding slightly higher-calorie foods. Typically yields about a 5-6 pound weight loss.

Cycle 3: Achieve: Is the stabilization period that allows healthier foods with a slower rate of weight loss of about 2-3 pounds.

Cycle 4: The Final Phase: Arrive: Is when you arrive at your goal weight. Continue to follow meal plans from one of the earlier cycles during the week with controlled splurges on weekends to maintain your new weight.

I found that online. I don't have the book with me at the moment or I could give you specifically what is and isn't allowed on each cycle. But in a nut shell, Cycle 1 is pretty limited, and then with each cycle, more food is allowed. No processed foods. And many meats and vegetables are unlimited. Which means no calorie counting. ;)

The book is very helpful and the author seems very knowledgable and credible. It is so easy to understand. It explains the cycles step by step and gives reasons for everything. It also offers sample meal plans for the entire 17 days of each cycle, in addition to healthy recipes.

Hope some of you are up for the challenge. ;) I am excited about starting it!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: The 17 Day Diet

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards