California-Northern

Saturday morning, Friday night or Sunday night.....HELP!!!!

We are in the biggest debate about when to have the wedding, we have it at Sat right now at 11, but the place does not have AC, and there is a wedding right behind us.

With night, don't have to worry about AC or anyone after us.

We have quite a few guests travelling from out of town.  The worry of course with Sunday night is people local working the next day.  The place shuts down 9 either way.  And Friday night with people having to take off work.

Any thoughts?!?!?

I am sooooooo indecisive!!!

Re: Saturday morning, Friday night or Sunday night.....HELP!!!!

• Atrainor0202Atrainor0202 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Summer time!
  • kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I would think Saturday would be the best. Especially for OOT. Then they can travel Fri/Sun....but that's just my opinion.

But the costs for a Sunday or Friday can be significantly cheaper.....

But if it's in the evening and only until 9 IDK.

You said there is another wedding right after you, so are you having the ceremony and reception in seperate locations?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    sunday might be easier for people to go, but they might leave early. Friday people might arrive late. I would rather have people leave early than come late. If you come late you miss the best part... the ceremony!
  • edited December 2011
    We went through this same thing, and our wedding will be Aug 7th, Saturday night. If we didn't find a venue that was available/we could afford to do Sat night we would have done Friday night, it seems a lot more people can get off a little early or take the day off on a Friday rather than stay late for a Sunday night wedding. If we had gone with Friday, we were planning to organize a wine tasting group thing Saturday afternoon as well, to extend into a "wedding weekend" then leave for our honeymoon sunday. I've been to a few Friday night weddings, its really not so bad!
    Also if it shuts down at 9, you could always organize a less formal after party somewhere else to keep the night going!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards