California-Northern

Bar Reccomendations in S.F.?

Hi allI'm hoping you can help with some reccomendations.  My future husband is planning his bachelor party to be in the city.  Him and his friends are trying to get a hotel and want it to be close to a few bars for them to hang out. Any reccomendations would be great for bars and also for hotels that would be close by.  His one friend mentioned there were several on Folsom street, but doesn't know names of them or cross streets.  They are looking for a cool place to hang out not really the whole club scene.  Thanks!

Re: Bar Reccomendations in S.F.?

• edited December 2011
    I went here for my FSIL's 30th b-day party.  It was a lot of fun!  http://www.harrydenton.com/ It's located on the 21st floor of the Sir Francis Drake Hotel.  There are other hotels near it so you don't need to stay there, but I think it would be best to reserve a table and get bottle service.  The views are awesome!  I'm sure there are other bars nearby, I'm just not super familiar with SF.
  • marcilynn510marcilynn510 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my bachlorette in Harry Denton's and had a good time. It was very handy to be able to just ride the elevator to our rooms after the bar closed. Another fun place that's a little different is Bourbon & Branch, a Speakeasy theme bar, you can reserve the mezzanine for I think 10 people and then you can go into the Library. It's in a sketchy neighborhood, but you could walk to the Hilton & Towers from there or Parc 55.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Roni.CedraRoni.Cedra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bourbon and Branch is amazing, a similar style cocktail with great bar food is Berreta located in the mission. AWESOME. Easy to cab from Union Square or lots of other hotels.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • suzeqzeesuzeqzee member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not familiar with Folsom Street, but there are lots of bars around Union Square - Harry Denton's Starlight Room, the Gold Dust Lounge, Lefty O'Douls, Johnny Foley's, First Crush, Whiskey Thieves, The Owl Tree and Bourbon and Branch...you seriously can't throw a rock without hitting a bar around here.A hotel that doesn't usually turn up in searches but is *very* inexpensive (and basic, but clean) is The Touchstone.  www.thetouchstone.comAlso, there is a Hilton and Hotel Nikko, and Hotel Monaco and the Best Western Hotel California.  All of them are acceptable and range from medium to fairly inexpensive in price.I hope he has fun!
  • edited December 2011
    If he is a dive bar person head to North Beach... Grant St has a bunch of great bars... Not to mention Green which crosses Grant.  I would also look at Polk and Green which is over the hill from North Beach.  Strip clubs are on Broadway as well as a few bars if you are ok with him going to that.  Broadway is on the edge of NB and Grant adn Green is in the heart.  The Marina has a few great bars on Chestnut and Peirce but that sometimes is a younger single croud, still not too bad though.  The Mission has several great bars on Mission St. and Valencia St.  Start at 16th as the cross st for both and they should find something.  A great resturant in the Mission is Cha Cha Cha's but make a reservation.  Great croud, reasonable food... tapa's style.  Should have not problem finding a italian resturant in NB and the Mariana has a a bunch of resturants as well.  You should be able to yelp these areas and get some suggestions for more detials.  Hope that helps and that it is not to late.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards