California-Northern
Options

help coordinating the suits????

my dress is ivorySo, the guys bought their suits (some already had them). We decided that the GM would wear taupe tests and ties. BUT Fi has to wear ivory with the ivory vest and tie (he wanted white) -will it look strange if the GM wear ivory shirts with the taupe?-can my grandfather still wear a white shirt or should he wear ivory too?-where can I ge cheap ivory shirts to buy? any help is MUCH Appreciated!
Multiple IVFs=TWINS! Due FEB 5, 2012!! Born @33W4D Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: help coordinating the suits????

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that it's fine for the men to wear white even when the Bride is wearing Ivory (you really can't tell in pictures). For me, there's something about crisp white shirts on men that just looks right. I definitely wouldn't make your grandfather go out and buy an ivory shirt just to match the GM, unless he's part of the wedding party?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im just nervous cuz fis white shirt next to my dress, makes it look yellow. And grandpa is walking me down the aisle
    Multiple IVFs=TWINS! Due FEB 5, 2012!! Born @33W4D Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    moojunkmoojunk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress was ivory and my H wore a white shirt (so did my dad and the groomsmen) you can tell a difference in the pictures
  • Options
    sm23sm23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard over and over from people that ivory shirts look dirty. So even though my dress is ivory, we went with white shirts for all the guys. I've seen that done before and it looks great - it doesn't look off.We just bought the guys shirts at Men's Wearhouse. They had a buy one get one free sale on their dress shirts. I don't know if the sale is still happening but you can check that out. You might also find some good deals on dress shirts on overstock.com, on sale at Macy's or at Sears/JCPenney.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sm- it doesn make your dress look dirty or yellow?
  • Options
    sm23sm23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope, it looks fine!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    can I see pics from you ladies? examples??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards