California-Northern
Options

Day of Coordinator Recommendations

I'm getting married in Sonoma at the end of September, and I'd like to have a day of coordinator.  All the people my venue have recommended are way more than what I have budgeted (the lowest price I have been quoted is $2,000).  Does anyone have a recommendation for a day of coordinator who does good work at a reasonable price?  I'm not really looking for someone to do a lot of prework coordinating vendors, I just want an extra set of hands on the day of.Thanks for your help!!!

Re: Day of Coordinator Recommendations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Adrienne was amazing for us - and at a reasonable price! Her email is tickledevents@yahoo.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly, highly recommend Kristen Jensen of Sugar Rush Events.  She is doing exactly what you describe for our wedding this upcoming weekend.  She is also very reasonable, and she basically will take over coordinating the vendors starting a couple of weeks before the wedding...I didn't think I would need that, but I was wrong!  She has actually uncovered a few logistical problems and solved them, and has generally been amazing.  She lives in the East Bay but is covering our wedding in Novato, so I assume Napa is no problem.  HTH!
  • Options
    Beezo23Beezo23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Elegant Soiree day of coordinators.  They have been great so far!  We're mainly looking for help with day-of stuff and I"m very confident that they'll do just that!  And they were much less than what you've been quoted.  They are located in Danville/San Ramon, but have done weddings all over the Bay Area.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want extra help why not ask a friend or a family member?
  • Options
    dwprodwpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We highly recommend Darlene Forbes. She is DOC for our daughter's wedding in Napa on 10/3/09. She charges $750.00 but goes above and beyond. She is fabulous! djfnapa@comcast.net   Good luck and Congratulations!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Elegant Soiree, and I wish I had searched more. 
  • Options
    MsBlondie5MsBlondie5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I 2nd Kristen Jensen of Sugar Rush Events! She is doing our wedding for April. We originally only wanted a DOC but we hired her for more than that because the price was right. Even though our wedding isn't until April, she is in total contact with me every few weeks, going over things, and attending meetings with us. She is super GREAT!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Katy Baker for my Sonoma Wedding :) You can read her at adagioevents@yahoo.com (but I would recommend calling her at 916-838-1565).  She is very reasonably priced.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If it's not the day of my wedding I'll do it!  I used to coordinate (JUST the day of thank god) and based it on how many people and how many hours I'd be there!  So much fun but the hardest work I've ever ever done and I'd do it in stilletos baby.  Seriously though, just start talking to people and you'll find a friend of a friend that will do it for probably around $500. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for the recommendations - they are all so helpful! We contact Darlene and it looks as though she will work out really well for us. I'm so glad I posted the message - I only wish I'd found the board sooner! Thanks again!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards