California-Northern
Options

Finally done dress shopping!!!

... well kind of. Ive been looking for a dress that I love since January. Due to body image issues and not being the standard bride, its been impossible to find something. The only gowns I seem to like are waaaay out of my price range.Anyways, I went to a car show in downtown napa this weekend with my parents and FI.  We walked by this store that had some really cute vintage dresses in the window so I dragged my mom in too look at them.Well I ended up talking to the store owner for a half hour and she makes vintage and non vintage wedding dresses. So low and behold im getting my wedding dress made... for under 500.00! She showed me pictures of the past weddings that she has done and they all look really cool.So for the top im going to copy watters and watters celaya:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/ilikemepossum/828b108e-ba63-429e-b033-057e737346a.pngand for the bottom something like this:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/ilikemepossum/ab5df8b82a80ed68b0a17116037a50b5ima.jpgBe brutally honest... what do you guys think?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Finally done dress shopping!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the second dress and think the bottom is really cute to give your dress that vintage feeling while not being too over the top.  I'm not sure that I like the top part of the 1st dress though, but that's more personal opinion - I am not sure if I don't like it because it seems really low cut or if it's b/c the straps seem extra loose in that picture.  Are you doing a bird cage veil?  It seems like it would go perfect with the dress you're trying to create.
  • Options
    jackelbridejackelbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it'll be AMAZING! I like how the first dress comes down side by side rather than doing the cross over thing that annoys me. It not only looks weird but you can end up with a gap that's way more exposing.And I like the tea length style to give it a vintage feel. Make sure she gets the fullness of the skirt though or it'll look to casual!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the second dress...LOVE a tea length dress.  I'll be honest that I think both tops look pretty similar, BUUUT, that only means (IMO) that it will look gorgeous.  Hope you'll show off the pics as she's making it...I love the dress progess photos :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    sm23sm23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's very pretty and I'm super excited for you that you're getting your dress made! I'm doing the same thing and I have been sooo sooo happy with that choice. It's a really fun process. Congrats on finding the dress of your dreams - even if it's in a non-conventional way!
  • Options
    apple_greenapple_green member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds perfect! That's going to be such a cute dress!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually think it sounds like it will be really cute! Can't wait to see pics. Just make sure to check in often to make sure its coming along. I'd hate for you to get to a month before the wedding and have a seamstress that hasn't even started. Did you check to see if there are any reviews of her work?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your positive replys! Its good to know that im not crazy!   I checked her out on yelp and out of 16 reviews her worst was 4 out of 5 stars. So im hoping I really landed with a good lady!
  • Options
    mjlkhkmjlkhk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I saw something like what you are having done on "Say Yes to the Dress" and it was amazing. So good job!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Aimee8314Aimee8314 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!I can't wait to see the final product.  I'm sure it will be perfect!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You're lucky to find someone to do it that cheap!  When I looked into getting one made - very expensive.  Very very cute dress but I agree with the top being a little...well...little.  Definately the birdcage veil.  Beautiful :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    regarding the top. Im pretty little up there so it will def. cover everything and more!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lucky.  I look like I"m going to bust out of my halter top on my dress...I have to find a non-push up sucky in bra thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards