California-Northern
Options

Monterey Weddings

has anyone had or been to a wedding at the Memory Gardens? Thoughts? Thanks! -Flora

Re: Monterey Weddings

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my ceremony there and my reception at the naval postgraduate school. BUT, after seeing pictures of the memory garden during receptions, I am considering changing my reception venue. It looks gorgeous, especially at night with the twinkle lights. I am pricing caterers now, so we'll see. There was someone on here that had her whole wedding there, but I can't remember her name. Hopefully she'll reply to your post. But, I've only heard great things about the location. Good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Someone just got married there! I wish I could remember who - Check the member list to see if you find them:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pKarL5xtkXFCCnXe8VYCvYA
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And this is the blog to her wedding pictures: http://blog.ashleyforrette.com/2009/06/rob-and-rachelle.html
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry...try it without the
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    OoSparklyOoSparkly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at Memory Garden! Thank you ladies for posting the links - I don't get on theknot very often anymore. All vendors are listed in my bio - although I haven't done any reviews.Feel free to ask me questions or if you want to see more pictures than what was in my phtoographer's blog - oosparkly @ gmail dot com
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all of your responses --- my big question is... what about the dirt on the ground??? I am going to look at the facility in two weeks and fear the dirt on the ground will get everything... well, dirty! LOL -- did you all put dance floors down? thanks!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The dirt is well-packed -- but beware, my dress was filthy in no time. I did portraits prior to the ceremony, so it wasn't too noticeable in pictures. However, even with our dance floor, the bottom of your dress will get dirty. I wasn't concerned with that, but I can understand how some brides-to-be would be. I took some pictures of my dress the day after - I can email them to you if you want. Mind you, I spent most of the night on the dancefloor. Even with ceremony only, you'll get some dirt on the bottom of your dress. Oh yeah, I didn't have an aisle runner, so that may reduce some dirt if it's a huge concern for the ceremony only.My feet were filthy by the end of the night - I wore white platform flip-flops from Old Navy after the ceremony. I have yet to get my dress cleaned, so I don't know how well the dirt will come out, but I don't foresee any problems.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess it is just one of those things that I have in my head that will make me crazy - which i guess there's not much I can do about it!! Flip-Flops are a great idea! Maybe I will get them for my bridesmaids - that way they don't get yucky! Can I ask what month you guys got married? We are looking at September of next year! Thanks sp much for all of your help! -flora
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No problem! We were married May 30th. Our wedding was originally planned for July 4th, but since the International MotoGP decided to change their event to the July 4th weekend, we were SOL on hotels (I had a mini-destination wedding, so hotels were a must for all of us).So, we ended up taking the only other available date that was open due to a recent cancellation. We were a bit worried about weather, as we always visited Monterey in July, but May turned out perfect. We rented two large space heaters for the grandma's and non-dancers to keep warm. I also bought my bridesmaids pashmina's. I had a pashmina too, but was getting very hot while dancing! I believe September/October is Monterey's "summer."In case this helps - our ceremony began at 3:15 and the whole thing ended at 9. Keep in mind if you're thinking of renting the garden that vendor setup/cleanup is a part of your rental time. They didn't mind the rental place dropping off chairs and tables early (a few wandering guests saw them around 11am!), but at the end of the night our caterer wasn't gone until 10:30 and the extra 30 minutes of the site monitor's time was deducted from our deposit. They didn't charge the 30 minutes for the site though. Overall, we had our rental scheduled from 1pm-10pm, the event was from 3pm-9pm. HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards