California-Northern
Options

Do you wear your E ring all of the time?

I never took off my ring for the first month,  but now I do not wear it all of the time. My ring is a 6-prong solitaire, so it's kind of high up and gets in the way when I sleep, so I take it off at night.I have lost some weight and it's kind of loose, so I also do not like to shower with it on either. When I am running alone on a trail, I don't take it with me because it's not something that I would like to get jumped for,  not that I like running in ghetto areas, but you never know.Oh..when I am cooking with raw meats and mushing it all around...I don't like to wear it either. The thought of some sort of salmonella on my ring gives me the heebie jeebies.I did feel bad when I forgot to put it on for work and walked around all day with naked hands though.
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do you wear your E ring all of the time?

• Options
    jennbuen16jennbuen16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I stopped wearing it in April because I am losing weight and I am terrified I will lose it - it is so loose! I have been wearing the promise ring he gave me on our first anniversary. It is loose too, but not as bad as my E-ring. I am having the E-ring and the enhancer sized down next week.
    TTC our 1st LO since September 2009
    History of ENDO and ovarian cysts, currently have 1 Myoma on left ovary - but it's shrinking, yea! Clomid 100mg since Jan 2011, trigger 4/5, 1st IUI 4/7, 1 mature follie, progesterone = BFN
    SHG 5/2 = all clear
    IUI#2 on Mother's Day 5/8, no trigger, 2 mature follies, progesterone = BFN
    imageimageAnniversary
    My Ovulation Chart
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't wear my e-ring in the shower either.  If I ever actually cooked meat I would take my ring off then, too, probably (FI does most of the cooking).  I do wear it at night though. 
  • Options
    YellenYellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't wear it if I am doing something particularly messy.  I also take it off to shower and if I am lifting at the gym since I don't want to get blisters or scratch it up.  Otherwise, I feel naked without it.  My ring spins all the time, but I'm confident it won't go past my knuckles!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I take it off when I shower or swim and when I'm dealing with raw meat (sometimes, it depends on what I'm doing) or baking.  I got buttercream on it the first time I baked after we got engaged and didn't want to deal with anything else getting in there.  For the most part I wear it all the time.  I've yet to forget to put it back on.  It feels weird when I don't have it on.
  • Options
    apple_greenapple_green member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't wear it when I'm working out, sleeping, cooking, showering, or sometimes when I'm just watching TV and feel like taking it off (like now). I've only had it for a month and I never wore rings before, so I'm not used to it yet. On the way to a BBQ the other day I forgot to put it on, and I had to go back and get it because there were some people there who hadn't seen it yet! hahaha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I take mine off when I shower or do anything really messy like bake, cook or do yard work.  I have forgotten to put it back on for work a few times too and felt so weird!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I put my ring on in the morning before work and take it off when I go to bed. So the times that I don't wear it are when I am showering or sleeping.
    11-13-10
    Planning + Married
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I take mine off when I cook or when I take a shower.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I only take my rings off when I'm handing messy food stuff...like when kneading bread dough or making meat loaf or something like that.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Same as Angela.  I took it off when we went white water rafting.  I kept having mini-anxiety attacks, thinking that I had lost it because it felt so weird to not have it on. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I put it on in the morning when I'm getting ready, and take it off at night when I'm going to bed, so I don't wear it while I sleep.  I also do not wear it if I am doing anything messy (cooking, cleaning, washing dishes) or outdoorsy (hiking, running, etc).At first it felt weird to me to not wear it all the time (my mom wears her wedding ring 24/7), but FI was the one to suggest I not wear it under certain conditions, just to be able to keep it cleaner and ensure I don't lose it.  He's a jeweler, so I figure he knows what he is talking about!  I have yet to forget to put it on for work, but that's because I've become pretty paranoid about remembering it.
  • Options
    karma007karma007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    24/7, unless I'm mooshing food. It's just kind of part of me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wear mine 24/7...it is rare that I take it off while cooking.  To clean it just use toothpaste on a toothbrush...it makes it shine so nicely!!
  • Options
    SpiffyJIASpiffyJIA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I rarely take mine off, but my jeweler gave us a small home sonicator so I can clean it whenever!  I absolutely recommend that everyone get one.  About once a week, I take it off when I'm heading to shower, turn it on, it buzzes and cleans for about 2 mintues and voila!  Nice, shiny, clean ring!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards