California-Northern
Options

Court. Very long...non-wedding vent about crap.

So...haven't posted much of my own stuff because I only get flamed.  But today I'm giving up because I need help.  I got served with paperwork for custody of my 11 year old son not too long ago for the 6th time in 9 years.  I'm really really tired of this crap and had court today.  So...long story short, my attorney didn't show up, got in a fight with my FI, my MOH (sister) has never bothered out of her stay at home wife life to bother with my custody battles and I'm tired tired tired.  Soo I told my mom I was sick and tired of her crap and my other sister who I'm not close with but she is.  Expecting the wrath tomorrow or at least before the wedding.  She's the type of person who will just talk crap about you in a small town where she's super popular and it will get back to you.  Really looking forward to the wedding standing up there by myself.

Re: Court. Very long...non-wedding vent about crap.

• Options
    jackelbridejackelbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's horrible! Why would someone want to fight a parent that WANTS to be part of their kids life for custody??? I hope things get better soon. That would be so rough.BTW - You look pretty in your dress!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    umm....i'm fighting because he wants 50.50 and he currently has every other weekend. He doesn't want to be a part of his life he just wants to be a jerk.
  • Options
    jackelbridejackelbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is he rich? How do you keep fighting for 9 years?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I must be rich...over 12k in attorney fees.  He comes up with some lame excuse 1/2 way through the case "I've changed attorney's or I'm just now retaining attorney's". Trust me.  LAME!  Self help court = not checking income!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Custody battles are difficult - so sorry you have to deal with this.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear that! Just remember you are getting married and about the standing there by yourself don't worry the people that really love you and care about you will be there. Breathe and relax!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry that you are going through all of this! I totally understand as my FI is going through custody battles right now as well. His battle has gotten so ugly, he is giving up the kids rather than putting them through that! (His ex is out for revenge). All I can say, is keep your chin up and try to be positive.... remember too, the closer you get to your wedding day the more nervous you are... I know I am... and everything affects you 100 times worse than normal!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards