California-Northern
Options

VENT: Jury Duty!

I received a jury duty summons today... with a report date of October 10th! Umm... that's 6 days before my WEDDING! And the courts drag their feet so if I did have to serve then it'll cut into my wedding/honeymoon time.I put in to defer until next year. I hope they accept it or it's going to be another unneeded stress to get it pushed back!

Re: VENT: Jury Duty!

• Options
    Aimee8314Aimee8314 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sucks!  I'm sure they will take the deferment though.  I had to do that once when I had some stuff going on that I couldn't miss at work, and it was fine.  They just schedule you for a new date.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    lfritoslfritos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That does suck! I had to defer because of work stuff too, and it wasn't problem, they just moved it to the first week that I was available. Which happens to be this week. I'm actually sitting at the court house waiting to be called right now... thank goodness for free wi-fi and the knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    On no!! They better let you defer! Just one more thing right!?!?
    ~ Jasmine & Ryan 10/3/09 ~ ]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FYI, my husband got a summons for the week before our wedding. When they questioned him, he mentioned the wedding, and they immediately excused him. He also said one girl just said she was getting married and she was excused too. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards