California-Northern
Options

wedding cakes in Sac

Anyone have any good bakery recommendations besides Freeport Bakery? Looking for a cake to serve 75 people.

Re: wedding cakes in Sac

• Options
    sm23sm23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know stefandtodd always raves about Ettore's Bakery.
  • Options
    adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Ettore's. They have amazing cake options and their prices were surprisingly good. We also looked at Shelton's bakery off El Camino. And FI's cousin used Sweet Cakes by Rebecca.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, I <3 Ettore's. At the very least, go in for a tasting. They are SO yummy and you get 7 pieces of free, awesome, delicious cake. I'm drooling as I type this. :) hehe We got our 3 tier wedding cake with a half sheet cake and a Groom's cake all there...all of them are throughout my blog (link in siggy) if you'd like to take a peek. We used 5 of the 7 possible flavors too. So yummy.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ettore's is AMAZING, but we found them to be a bit above our budget since our reception is not in Sacramento (it's in Auburn).  We are using Divine Desserts, which is out of Loomis, which is pretty good (not as good as Ettore's, but good still).  They're only charging us $50 to deliver to Auburn (as opposed to Ettore's $200 to deliver to Auburn).hth
  • Options
    Aimee8314Aimee8314 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to second Divine Desserts in Loomis.  They are FABULOUS!!!  Their orange truffle and raspberry truffle fillings are amazing.  Seriously.  If nothing else - do a tasting. :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    lfritoslfritos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rick's Dessert Diner makes wedding cakes, they look amazing, and their regular cake is fantastic!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Freeport. We also tasted at Village Cake Shop.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know you don't want Freeport, but I have to throw this out there. Freeport is my favorite place for cakes and we couldn't afford their wedding cakes, but the have whats called an anniversary cake which is three tiered and serves 100 people for I think $250.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lisa Marie Lemus with The Sweetest Things.www.thesweetestthings.orgShe is awesome to work with and we loved our cake.  She makes everything from scratch and she can make and decorate anything.  I can't say enough good things about her and her cakes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards