California-Northern
Options

Flowers- Normal Budget for this area

So I was going to do the flowers myself but then I decided against it because it would be too much work.What is the normal average for a wedding around here (my wedding is in HMB)? My cousin's was 3000, I was figuring that it is probably between 2500-5000 depending on the flowers.

Re: Flowers- Normal Budget for this area

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing them myself and ordered all recently. We got a pkg of 18 predone centerpieces wiht orchids and irises for 218 from fifty flowers all you have to do is put them in your own vases (dollar tree 12 for $12 online). It is really simple. Then for bouquets we ordered bear grass and calla lillies from 2groses.com and will add the two together and tape and wrap flowers with petals cost about 140 then we ordered 11 bouts for about 112 from safeway. So total for flowers DIY for me, was 470 I think it could come out if you dont want to spend that much for professional get some help its easier then you think. I was freaking out also...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just about died when I saw how much flowers were here in California!  I decided to do some of them myself-bouquets and corsages-with help from a family friend and whatever we can't do we are ordering from a local florist.  That brought the price down by half!  That way I'm not taking on too much, but still am getting help with the complicated flowers.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have gotten two quotes in the area, I am doing all roses, for a wedding of 120 people and a large wedding party of 6 BMs and 7 GMs, but no ceremony flowers (the church is beautiful on its own), range is $1600-$2200. The key is to get a good price and then negotiate!! Nothing is set in stone, and most places will work with you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it really depends on what you want/need for your venue. I had my florist do all my flowers, but we were outside and I didn't have any ceremony flowers at all. She did 22 "cheap" centerpieces and 5 "expensive" centerpieces for family and bridal party tables, all my bouquets and bouts., flowergirl, ringerbearers pillows, family corsages, cake flowers and some extra flowers here and there on guest tables and the bar and such. We had 7 BMs and 7 GM. Overall, our total was about $2000 including delivery and set up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sm23sm23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It really depends on what kind of flowers, and how much you're getting/how much space you have to decorate. My ceremony is outdoors and there's no need to decorate that area, so we're not doing any flowers for that - only a bouquet for me, some petals and head wreaths for the flowergirls, and a bout for my FI.For the reception, we're doing very simple centerpieces (10 of them), and that's it. Cost came out to under $500.But I'm not the norm when it comes to flowers... I just really didn't need to do a lot of decorating at my venue, and didn't want to spend a ton of money on something that was just going to die.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We spent about 1k on flowers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really want to recommend 2G Roses for their flowers. I ended up paying $1k for over 700 roses, a bunch of hydrangeas, hanging greens, flax leaves, berries, and some other flowers and supplies. I had a retired florist friend help with assembling them, our arrangements would have cost $5k easy if we got them through a florist.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I am meeting with a florist tomorrow night and I am budgeting 2000 for our flowers, possibly can go up to 2500 because we want to decorate the wooden arch and have pomander balls on the sides (which i could do myself if i had to, they are easy). I did my mock ups yesterday with my cousin and it was more of a design problem than anything. I made a pretty bouquet but of course calla lillies aren't cheap, I got those whole sale and for  6 stems it was $25, while 30 roses were $18. Here is a picture of what I made. I am thinking of doing mostly deep red roses.[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/2unwvg0.jpg[/IMG] I couldn't for the life of me figure out a centerpiece though. I am meeting with three different florists, so hopefully I will find a good match for budget and what I want.Thanks for the responses
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your colors were similar to mine...check out our low centerpieces in my married bio. I put them on a gold charger, and it made all the difference.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just an FYI usually pomanders are a bit pricey because of the time involved in making them. I originally wanted them for my aisles also but decided against them because of the cost.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice. I actually made a tester pomander yesterday and it literally took me 30 minutes. That might be one project I take on if it is too pricey.Carefer, our colors are incredibly similar, I love your pictures! The more I thought of it the more I want at least some tall and some short, just because the room isn't that huge so all tall centerpieces may fill up the room a little too much.Thanks again for all your help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Caligirl- I'm going to be doing my own flowers also. Who is the wholesaler you went through for 30 roses for $18? That's the best price I've seen so far!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got it at the Flower Mart in SF during Wholesale hours. I can't remember the name but if you end up going there I can find the receipt. For two bunches of black magic roses it was $18 a piece and then two bunches of calla lillies (8 per) it was $25 a piece.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards