California-Northern

XP: Cake Wreck....yikes!

It's on cakewrecks, but here's the MOB's blog: http://bloggingsanjose.blogspot.com/2009/08/wedding-cake-swastika-disaster.html poor Bride :-(
Dancing Through Life
BabyFruit Ticker
BabyFetus Ticker
Married August 22, 2009-TTC #1 since 1/11
Dx PCOS and Hypothyroidism in 2004, SA 5/11-Excellent!
Cycle #1-6-Anovulatory:(
Cycle #7-metformin+clomid+acupuncture-BFP!!!
Beta#1(16dpo)-101, Beta#2(18dpo)-240, Beta#3(22dpo)-1,255
EDD 10-28-12

Re: XP: Cake Wreck....yikes!

• edited December 2011
    OMG.... that is just horrible! I feel so bad for the couple!
  • DGdancerDGdancer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you go to the cakewrecks blog, the blog writer put up the bakers response. Here is what the blog/baker says: "Never let it be said that I won't air both sides of a dispute, my dear Wreckies. I've just heard from the baker responsible, and now I'm back to make her case. (And it's a pretty good one.) First, a few facts (now verified by both parties): 1. Nobody involved here was Hindu. The bride is American, the baker is Jewish. (Yes, Jewish - read on.) 2. Yes, this is a real cake. 3. No, it's not a hoax. Here's the deal: The bride gave the baker a print-out of symbols to include in the "lace" pattern. Here is that print-out: (it won't copy over for some reason, but all symbols from the cake are on this printout, even the swastika looking one...see cakewrecks blog) Yes, the fifth symbol has pointed ends, but other than that it looks remarkably like a swastika. SO...the question becomes, whose fault is this really? Hmm? Is it the baker's responsibility to censor out potentially offensive designs or text in a client's order, or is the customer really always right? And finally, you should know that the baker provided the bride with a partial refund, and, as a Jew, finds any association with a Nazi symbol absolutely horrific."
    Dancing Through Life
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married August 22, 2009-TTC #1 since 1/11
    Dx PCOS and Hypothyroidism in 2004, SA 5/11-Excellent!
    Cycle #1-6-Anovulatory:(
    Cycle #7-metformin+clomid+acupuncture-BFP!!!
    Beta#1(16dpo)-101, Beta#2(18dpo)-240, Beta#3(22dpo)-1,255
    EDD 10-28-12
  • edited December 2011
    OMG, why on earth would you want something that even remotely resembled a swastika designed. I feel bad, but for the couple and the guests, but it's not entirely the baker's fault.....there should have been some due diligence with the design.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • suzeqzeesuzeqzee member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmm...looks like cakewrecks took it down as well...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards