California-Northern

engagement photos

Does anyone know of good spots in the South or Easy Bay for having our photos taken? We're having a family friend do them and he asked us if we had any idea of where we wanted them taken. Any ideas?

Re: engagement photos

• FutureMrsP10FutureMrsP10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to add that we kind of like the winery/forest type setting. I tried searching in the internet but I got nothing.
  • edited December 2011
    We might be too far out, but here are some suggestions in Livermore:Sycamore Grove Park has some wonderful spots (bridge over creek/groups of trees/paths/old building). There is also a church on the southeast corner of College Avenue and South L Street that has beautiful grounds in rnt and a tree that is perfect for a couple or family photo.FYI:  South L Street turns into Arroyo Road at the creek.Another spot is Veteran's Hospital and the grounds and adjacent park (which backs up to Sycamore Grove) is beautiful.  Wente Vineyards Restaurant and Golf Course is across the street (Arroyo Road).  If you want lunch while there, the restaurant isn't cheap but the club house grill isn't as pricey.  Pretty view of the course also.Recap:Sycamore Grove Park on Wetmore Road.Veteran's Hospital on Arroyo RoadVeteran's Park (just past the hospital entrance on Arroyo Road)Wente Vineyards Restaurant grounds on Arroyo RoadCedar Grove Community Church, corner of South L and CollegeHave fun!
  • edited December 2011
    Tilden Park in Berkeley
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    There is Kelley park in San Jose which has a beautiful japanese tea garden. If you want to go full out with the forest theme there is always Big Basin.As for wineries, Testarossa is beautiful, but I'm not sure about getting permission to do photography there
  • FutureMrsP10FutureMrsP10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like the idea of Kelley Park. I didn't even think about that! I've been there a few times. I don't know how I forgot that place. :)Thanks for all of the suggestions! I will definitely look into all of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards