California-Northern
Options

How much does your cake cost?

I'm hoping to spend under $200 for about 70 servings. Think that's possible in Santa Cruz? We're open to having a sheet cake in the back, with a smaller one on display.How much does your cake cost? Any recommendations on bakeries in Santa Cruz/Aptos/Capitola?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much does your cake cost?

• Options
    adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours was just over $600 for 175 servings. That's with 3 flavors and fondant. I think you should be able to find a cake around the $200 range. Sorry, I don't have recs for Santa Cruz/Aptos/Capitola.
  • Options
    lfritoslfritos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Buttery, its on Soquel and Branceforte. To be honest, I'm not sure if they make wedding cakes, but the cake they make is really good!And try their pecan sandy cookie.... I swear, its the best cookie ever....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting my cake from The Buttery! It'll be about $600 for 200 slices, but we're paying extra for them to deliver to Montery (yup! It's that good!). Not sure how much it would cost for 70 servings, but I would check if I were you! The carrot cake is the best ever!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We paid $285 for 100 servings in Lodi, CA. It was cheap for the area. I think unless you want to go to safeway/raleys - $200 might be pushing it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might try cupcakes instead. When we looked at cakes for 40, we were pushing $150-200. We switched to cupcakes and paid closer to $50.
  • Options
    LiLKrssyLiLKrssy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are paying $465 for a cake that serves 80 people. From what I have heard thats pretty reasonable too. Maybe try safeway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    our cake came free from a preferred bakery with our wedding package, but if we got it separately it would have been $1300 for 250 servings. :O i recommend the buttery as well. i haven't tried their cakes, but it seems to be a reputable bakery around here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards