California-Northern

Photography and vendor woes...

So we're getting married in Sacramento, we live in Reno now until May....I work two jobs and my ONLY day off a week is Sundays.So I don't make it home very often.How important is it for me to personally interview photoraphers, DJS and florists?Do you think my mom could handle those for me...I think she could def do the florist part.But a big question with photographers, are there some that let you have ALL of the pictures after the wedding? Like they show up, take the photos, you get them on a disc or something and then you're done? If so, do you have recommendations? I don't want to have to call, or go online, or buy them every single time I find a photo I want, you know?Booking my vendors is like the last BIG thing I really have to do, other than pick my BM dresses. The rest is little stuff (I hope) like ordering and proofing invites, I have them picked out, making favors, seating chart, etc.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Photography and vendor woes...

• adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a lot of Sacramento photographers that will give you all your wedding photos on a disk. I'd definitely recommend interviewing them in person so that you can see their work and see if your personalities would be a good match for working together and getting the types of photos you like. I'd also meet your DJ in person (for the same reasons). I think vendors such as florists and bakers, your mom can handle. Just be sure that she knows what you are looking for.
  • lfritoslfritos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also try interviewing Photographers in Reno that could travel to Sacramento, since Sac is close the traveling fees may be less. I agree meet with the Photographer and DJ. The photographer might even be in the room while you are getting dressed, so you want to make sure that you are comfortable with them.
  • jackelbridejackelbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your mom can meet with most of those vendors. Just double check the reviews before booking. I would say that you should meet with your photographer but in my experience it's really not necessary. We went through two photographers... and I'm almost sad we even changed! Our second photographer was great in the beginning but she wasn't closer to the wedding or at the wedding so just look for quality... you can do that over the phone or email and have your mom meet with them to make sure they don't have two heads or anything.
  • edited December 2011
    I think if you and your mom are close and you trust her judgement then your mom could stand in for you on the interviews.  Maybe some vendors would even be ok with meeting you on a Sunday.  I got married in September and we used lovestruckphotography.com for the main purpose that we got the rights to all of our pictures. We liked the pictures we have seen them take and they were well priced.  I think they recently raised their rates some though but you could check them out.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Mark Bauer at thebauerstudios.com for our photography. He gave us all the photos and rights to them.
  • edited December 2011
    It just depends on how important it is to you - I never met with our wedding band prior to the wedding, we just talked on the phone and I listened to their clips on their website and that was fine for me, since I'm not a stickler about music. I did meet with my florist, but in all honesty I probably could have done all that through phone and email pics as well. I would probably meet with your photographer, to see if you are comfortable with their personality since on the big day you dont want to be distracted/uncomfortable. And yes, our photog did give us a disk with all the photos on it that we can just print out. Our photog was in SF, not Sac, but I am sure its the same everywhere.
  • elishabelleelishabelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using xsight photography and they're in downtown Sacramento. They're not a traditional photographer, but they take more photojournalist type shots.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards