California-Northern

Rave: Wedding Reception Venue in Sacramento!!!

So, I finally booked my reception venue here http://sacramentogardenpavilion.com/ and its like a diamond in the rough. I searched all over the place and I never saw this place in not one review or anything. If you had never heard of it you probably would know it even existed because I didn't. but it is on the old McClellan air force base and is affiliated with the Lions Gate hotel, and not to mention when you book one of their wedding packages they give you a free nights stay at the hotel! And their in house catering is Hannibal's!! I feel like I scored majorly !!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Rave: Wedding Reception Venue in Sacramento!!!

• edited December 2011
    Looks like a great place. Congrats on such a find.

~Dara
  • roxyprncsroxyprncs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow! thanks for sharing.... what is the total price you are paying for rental and food?
  • aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My quote is $6,875.56 for 150 guests, thats including taxes and additional fees already,and it includes the following things:

Room Rental for entire day
    Buffet style dinner& Butler Passes hors D' Oeuvres
    My choice of Gold Wedding Menu Collections
    Cucumber infused water
    Citrus punch or Lemonade station
    One Bartender (4hrs.)
    No corking, handling, or bar set-up fee
    All linens ( table, chair, napkins)
    All Service (china, stemware, flatware)
    Uniformed Service Staff
    Self-serve Starbucks coffee and tea for entire event
    No cake cutting fee
    Free nights stay at Lions Gate Hotel

• edited December 2011
    Okay, I don't want to put a damper ont he happy parade, but I also don't want you flying blind on this either. I have shot a couple of weddings at that venue, and heard a couple of really bad horror stories... Be very careful with that venue. The "rough" part of your description is really on target...

One instance I am aware of with this venue involved the staff of the location breaking into the bride's getting ready room, stealing money and personal items from ALL of the purses left behind by the bridesmaids, and taking the car keys of at least one woman, and then later stealing her vehicle, and then also attemping to break into her home. This was in a locked room, and the staff of the facilty did this... And when the couple found out and contacted Lion's Gate and GP, they absolved themselves of all responsibilty and said it was the couple's fault for leaving personal items in their room. They were not compensated for any of the damage or losses they incurred.  That happened about 18 months ago.

Both weddings I shot there also mad massive DJ issues... I don't know if it was the facility or the DJ's fault, or if it was a DJ affiliated with the venue (I believe it was) but both times (and these weddings took place over a year apart) the speakers blew out, blew out the power and there was no music. At the first wedding, this happened during the couple's first dance. It was pretty awful. On the bright side, the guests were great and started singing "You are my sunshine" at the top of their lungs and the couple danced to that instead! But, it was a pretty big damper on the evening and the bride was very upset about it.

Now, it's been over a year since this stuff happened, so hopefully they have really gotten everything together and you won't have any problems. When someone falls in love with a venue you want them to be happy but this is one of those venues that gives me high anxiety just thinking about it. BUT, it IS beautiful, the outside is pretty, the grounds are pretty, and the hotel is a great bonus. I hope everything goes perfectly for you and none of these things are issues anymore... But just be cautious, just in case, k? :/
  • aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I appreciate the advice, both of those situations sound horrific, but I have a question. Were these events held at the Lions Gate Hotel or at the Sacramento Garden Pavilion. I know that that are "affiliated" with one another, but are run separate and are to separate locations
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards