California-Northern
Options

Question about our DJ

So we booked our DJ but did not sign a contract or pay him yet.  He came highly recommended.  Last week I wanted to send him a payment so I called and left a message.  Then the next day I emailed him.  The next day I posted on his Facebook (could not find the message option for some reason).  4 days later and still no response.  

Should I wait to get someone new?  If so how long until I say enough is enough.  I really clicked with him and liked him because he is very organized and has a lot of experience.  Also he did my cousin's wedding 10 years ago.

What would you do?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Question about our DJ

• Options
    Aimee8314Aimee8314 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    4 days seems like forever when you're excited to get something set - but it's not terribly long.  Has he been updating his facebook?  Like, if he's posting about his boring life - I'd be annoyed but maybe he's on vacation?  or he's been sick?  If he's been MIA from FB I'd give him a few more days before trying again or giving up. 

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would wait a few more days. 

However, if he continues to not respond or this pattern continues, I would look elsewhere. You don't want to waste you time on flaky vendors. Once you give them your money, or get close to the day, you don't want to be chasing after people. You'll have enough to do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I switched DJs and this one was highly recommended and more affordable (everything happens for a reason).  once I sent a message saying I had to cancel I got a call back within minutes.  Pretty funny after waiting a week with no response.  I just figure he was very busy and had other things going on which most of them do.  I don't call my vendors or email them constantly but when I do I would like a response in a relatively short time.  I booked the old DJ and then for the first time since booking in 2 months I tried to reach him for a week with no return call or message.  

I was very polite when I cancelled and just said I needed to cancel but appreciated his time. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aimee8314Aimee8314 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad it worked out!  I had an MIA photographer - and I ended up getting a new one (and losing my deposit)...but it worked out so much better.  I loved the new photographer, I spent less, and she and I became friends.  Total Win.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards