California-Northern
Options

Need help finding a very specific reception venue...

Hi! My name is Natasha, and this is my first post. My fiancé and I have a very specific idea of what we want for our wedding reception. We want an outdoor reception, on a patio or deck, with twinkle lights, near the ocean. :) We are expecting about 60 guests. I was hoping some of you local brides may have come across something like this in your search, or may be able to help me find something like this. Thanks so much!

Re: Need help finding a very specific reception venue...

• Options
    How far south are you willing to go? Do you have a venue budget? There's lots of places like that in Carmel/Monterey. There's one kind of like that in Woodside. [Don't remember the name but it should come up in "wedding venue Woodside" search results. Maybe several. You can always add twinkle lights to any place with electricity, which is any place.
  • Options
    Really, we are open to anywhere on the central or northern coast. We live in the east bay. I'll search the place you mentioned. I'd gladly bring my own lights, but I just have this image in my mind of the deck/patio with lights that I can't get out!
  • Options
    There's a place called Mountain Terrace in Woodside that has a great deck, but no ocean view.  My fiance and I initially wanted something similar to what you describe, but unfortunately had a tough time finding it around here.  The Monterey/Carmel area is definitely your best bet, but can be quite pricey depending on your budget.  As for us, we decided on a vineyard wedding.  It still has that great outdoor feel and I LOVE wine, so it's fitting.  Good luck!!
    My Blog: onewaytothebay.wordpress.com
  • Options
    Mountain Terrace is gorgeous. We had to rule it out on the drive up though, as FI and I both got carsick going to see it :( I would recommend Monterey. How far down to central coast do you want to drive? Santa Cruz? San Luis Obispo? If those are possible, there are lots of great venues in either. You can also go north, say to Mendocino, but the beach is very different there and I'm not sure if it fits with what you want.
  • Options
    Have you discovered Wedgewood @ Crystal Springs Golf Course? Not an ocean view but the gazebo vista is incredible and the reception site has a large outdoor area adjacent to the banquet room. Very lovely spot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards