California-Northern
Options

norcal hwy 1 venue needed but certain requirements to be met

so we are looking for a venue off hwy 1 in either sonoma or mendocino counties but are having trouble since most venues are bed n breakfasts spots
first off it has to be handicap accessible
second there will be like 20-30 kids and they have to be ok with that
and third and please dont judge but i know some cancer patients and other disabled ppl we are inviting and they are prop 215 patients and i have no clue how to address that with a venue but i just want them to be able to medicate safely and without problems

if you have any suggestions or personal expeirences id love to hear them good or bad im at a loss at this point

Re: norcal hwy 1 venue needed but certain requirements to be met

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you may want to look more in Mendocino county since they have legalized the medication so I'm pretty sure most of the venues would be pretty understanding of the accomodations. However, I think that you're right, since Mendocino is a small coastal town, most of their facilities are bed and breakfasts. The other option is Santa Cruz, another very laid back community.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello,

No judgment here, and I wish I had a venue to recommend, but I don't. I think it's great that you are caring enough to look for a venue that will work for such a diverse group of people. I can make some recommendations about the medication situation, however, though I'm not an expert.

I think finding a place that will allow patients to medicate safely via smoking could very well limit your venue options. Complicating this, you will have a large number of children; having the kids around people who are smoking marijuana may very well be a problem for a lot of the parents.

I would recommend that your guests take their medicine before the wedding/reception so you don't have to explain all of that to the venue management. Another idea is to request that guest who need medications bring them in a "baked" or "candy" form, which are readily available at the dispensaries. This is more discreet and will give you more options. Do ask your guests if they can go that route before you limit yourself to marijuana-friendly options. I don't think too many wedding venues are going to want to be known as "pot-friendly" wedding venues, just because it might not be the best PR for them. Again, I'm not judging--just trying to be practical.

Best of luck,

Elizabeth

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies and i have considered the whole parental guidence factor and still trying to figure that all out just trying to cover all aspects to avoid potental problemsEmbarassed
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Botanical Garden in Mendocino is pretty. They have handicap accessible pathways and I don't think it is that expensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards