California-Northern
Options

Photographers around 800

My fiance and I are looking into photographers for our wedding but due to our budget we can only afford UP TO 800 dollars for out photographer. If any of you know of any professional photographers, students, friends or family that due this on the side... I am open to all suggestions and if you have any pictures from your wedding from photographers who have worked with a bride on a budget I would appreciate it.

Thanks guys.

Re: Photographers around 800

• Options
    vb0000vb0000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a lot of people who have posted on these boards in the past 6 months about photographers, you might want to search "photographers" on this and the Bay Area board.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What area exactly are you looking??
    ~January 2011~
    WEDDING MONTH SC - Rings
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CRAIGSLIST
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Berkely Area!
  • Options
    MissMiller29MissMiller29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are using Modern Lite photography. They are out of Sacramento but they travel. I found them on craigslist and they did an amazing job on our engagement pictures. Their website is www.ModernLite.com. Tell them your budget and they'll work with you. Tell them Traci & Mike sent you. Hope this helps!
    Dating: 11/28/08 Engaged: 9/4/10 Getting Married: 9/17/11 It's just the beginning!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I run an up and coming photography and design business called Midvew Studios that focuses a lot of budget weddings (as we are having one of our own in June!).  We are currently finishing up our website but for now we have a facebook group with all our portfolio.  You can find it here: www.facebook.come/midviewstudios. We are willing to work with any budget so please feel free to contact us! We are located in the Sonora/Modesto area but are certainly willing to travel if desired.  Let us know if there is anything that we can do for you!

(I sent the original poster a private message about it but I wanted to make sure that I wrote it up here for you guys to all see in case anyone else inquires about it.)

-Kari
    midviewstudios@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Photography is one place id recomend trying to squeeze out a few more bucks for. The photos are the one thing you will have when all the rest of the stuff fades away... I know way too many people who regret hiring a "cheap" photographer.
    Just a thought.
    Good luck

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I found the perfect photographer at a Bridal Show I went to. I was heartbroken because she was booked for my day already. I'm still pretty heartbroken about it. She has such a great personality too! her website is darlingphotosbyvicki.com

She had an awesome package!! She was offering $500 off of any of her packages.. her cheapest one was $1200.. so it would have only been $700!!!!! AAANNND it included engagement pictures!! I know it was a special she was offering for the show, but she really really seems like she's the type to work with you. I'd definitely check her out if I were you!! =)

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definetly check out Vicki from darlingphotosbyvicki.com. She is doing our wedding and my engagement pictures turned out awesome!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @missmiller29- we're using them too! i'm so glad to hear that you loved them. we have our engagement session next month so we haven't met in person yet. so far, the communication has been excellent. shawn gave us an excellent deal for our off-season wedding so to Cgidds- i would highly recommend checking them out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards