California-Northern
Options

The Citizen Hotel

Is anyone else getting married or having their reception here? I'm getting married there NYE and it seems like all of a sudden they have a million weddings planned and happening there all the time!

Re: The Citizen Hotel

• Options
    mushEmushE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having guests stay there, and also doing a reception the evening before, and brunch the day after there.  It's beautiful! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Carefer just got marred there last year.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It looks SOO nice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were one of the first weddings that was held...check out my bio. We had our ceremony in the ballroom, with 140 people it was kinda crowded but gorgeous! The reception was awesome, and their staff is amazing. Email me if you have any other questions, or need more info. carriemurrill at yahoo dot com.
  • Options
    portergirlportergirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are thinking of having a drinks reception after the rehearsal dinner (which is at the Sutter Club) in the LIbrary of The Citizen, for all out of town guests. We are also planning on getting some rooms at a discounted rate for out-of-towners, but they want us to pay for any rooms that don't get booked. I think that is ridiculous and makes me less inclined to have anyone stay there. Has anyone else had this issue?
  • Options
    mushEmushE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-northern_citizen-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:56Discussion:3e7066e6-21b2-42d3-8fd2-9c05b0704618Post:5a03349b-8c9a-4b37-ae97-00f1dce0178b">Re: The Citizen Hotel</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are thinking of having a drinks reception after the rehearsal dinner (which is at the Sutter Club) in the LIbrary of The Citizen, for all out of town guests. We are also planning on getting some rooms at a discounted rate for out-of-towners, but they want us to pay for any rooms that don't get booked. I think that is ridiculous and makes me less inclined to have anyone stay there. Has anyone else had this issue?
    Posted by portergirl[/QUOTE]

We're staying there (reception is at the Library Galleria, very close by), and the sales director recommended just using an online discount code (25% off book rate) that they provide, instead of a block of rooms.  That way, we won't get charged for a minimum number of rooms, and our guests can book online with a refundable rate, in case they find a cheaper rate online. 

Kayak.com did have cheaper rates for the time being for our wedding weekend in September, but The Citizen hadn't yet released all of its room types on their own website. 

Also, I don't think it's uncommon to require you to book a minimum number of rooms to get a block reserved. 
  • Options
    portergirlportergirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info! We are also getting rooms at the Hyatt and Sheraton. I'm looking for a more affordable place to stay (almost all of our guests-including us) are out-of-towners. Any ideas?
  • Options
    mushEmushE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-northern_citizen-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:56Discussion:3e7066e6-21b2-42d3-8fd2-9c05b0704618Post:67ff5de4-f763-4dc9-bda2-f68abf4cc7bc">Re: The Citizen Hotel</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the info! We are also getting rooms at the Hyatt and Sheraton. I'm looking for a more affordable place to stay (almost all of our guests-including us) are out-of-towners. <strong>Any ideas?
    </strong>Posted by portergirl[/QUOTE]

It probably depends on how far your guests want to travel, and if they have cars.  At least one of my BMs will be staying at the Hyatt because it has a pool for her 5 year old daughter to play in.  I'd use Kayak.com and the map feature, to limit by distance.  I'd also be wary of recommending that people walk to a different hotel at night, unless they're comfortable around city culture.  I feel comfortable walking around, but I volunteer at a homeless shelter and deal with mentally ill individuals through my work; my fiance tends to get nervous, though. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards