California-Northern
Options

Traveling with my wedding dress on a plane...any tips?

Hello all, I am getting married in California in June and planning on bringing my dress with me on my flight there. Has anyone ever heard or have done this themselves?? I figure they just hang it up the little cabin by the door. I'm just worried since it's a 6 hour flight and it's not exactly a simple dress (Chapel train and everything) but maybe I am just being paranoid. Any suggestions? Thank you so much!
"All adventurous women do."-GIRLS

Re: Traveling with my wedding dress on a plane...any tips?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ive seen tons of brides travel with their dresses. just make sure you bring it in the garmet bag (try to hang up your veil in it, too). let the stewardess know it's your dress and she'll hang it up in the closet by the front of the plane. don't worry, it'll be fine. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd call the airline first and ask if they will hang it up for you like you stated.  My friend had a destination wedding and she called the airline and they would not hang it for her in the plane.  No matter what, I'd make sure that you use some tissue paper to stuff in certain areas  I'd prepare for it to be stored in the overhead compartment though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree you should call first especially with the whole christmas event that happened in Detroit.  TSA might say no.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great! Thanks for all the helpful info =) I will make sure to call the airline ahead of time. I heard that Southwest actually doesn't have any closets so I am not booking with them! lol
    "All adventurous women do."-GIRLS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards