California-Northern

Under 2K Caterers... Do they exist??

I am considering the Brazilian room as a wedding site. However, you have to choose from their pre-approved (expensive) caterer list UNLESS the food is drop-off (there will be no use of the kitchen appliances, essentially you bring the food) which is fine for me because I want the wedding to be an intimate cocktail party or light afternoon meal. However, I am now in search for a caterer but being on an extreme budget in the BAY AREA, I need some help! Any ideas would be great.

Re: Under 2K Caterers... Do they exist??

• vb0000vb0000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cocktail party without a caterer on site?  You may want to double check with the BR because when I was going to have my wedding there it was part of the contract that if we were serving alcohol then we had to have a bartender supplied by one of their chosen caterers - this was mandated and non-negotiable.  But we were also getting married on a weekend and I know they have different some rules for weekdays.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Let me know if you find a caterer, I am looking for a budget caterer myself.  I know you can call C&M party rentals in Walnut Creek and rent servers / bartenders for around $25 / hr.  Try Classic party rentals as well at 925-382-1247, ask for Jackie.  I worked for them as a server about 8 years ago.....I hope the phone number is right.

Perhaps you can have the food dropped off from an inexpensive place, and have the servers set it up help pass food and drinks.  I would recommend a DOC though, since that could be very hard to coordinate on your own.

Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm on a tight budget and I wanted a backyard BBQ/picnic feel.  We are doing KFC it works for my casual wedding.  There may be other restaurants that may be able to help you out.
  • em0688em0688 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Try www.simplycateredforyou.com. They are located in the East Bay, but they serve all of the Bay Area. They are wonderful! And very reasonably priced!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Merebear22Merebear22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a BBQ  chicken and tri tip and all the fixins for $1800 fully served, I think the caterer also does drop off service, look up Hickory Hanks BBQ. He's in Sac but might travel.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there,  I have done enough research for the both of us! My caterer is Bay Area Catering, they are out of Menlo Park but will travel for any event. They are a fairly new company with delicious taste and class. You will not sacrifice quality with them. I used them several times now and the food is absolutely delicious and they always go the extra mile to make your event elegant and this is by far the cheapest caterer I found. We are on a tight budget but will still be able to have 4 different appetizers and prime rib for the main course, she even threw in chocolate covered strawberries for the toast! And yes, they are under 2k, there are many different options and if you give her a budget, she will work with it. They have the option of having servers or they could also drop the food off. Cynthia is the main contact there her number is (650) 839 1988. Mention Kris and Cari.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-northern_under-2k-caterers-exist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:56Discussion:65cb66e3-aab3-48c6-9789-271384b13d39Post:18496a89-a9af-4b81-bca7-eead79fb7f20">Re: Under 2K Caterers... Do they exist??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having a BBQ  chicken and tri tip and all the fixins for $1800 fully served, I think the caterer also does drop off service, look up Hickory Hanks BBQ. He's in Sac but might travel.
    Posted by Merebear22[/QUOTE]
    How many people are you serving? That sounds exactly like what I am looking for. What that the price right off of the bat or was there negotiating involved?
  • edited December 2011

For Miss GS:

How many guests are you having? his company sounds great. Do they do tasting too?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards