California-Northern

Sacramento/Folsom Area Vendors

I'm looking for vendors in the Sacramento. On a budget, like most. Any recommendations for the following:

-cake vendors
-florists
-hair and makeup
-DJ

Re: Sacramento/Folsom Area Vendors

• edited December 2011
    makeup - foxyface.net

florist - party petals
  • edited December 2011
    cake vendors --Divine Desserts did ours for $560 for 150 servings (3 tiered w/fondant)
    -florists --KATIE EDWARDS OF AMBIENCE!!! She is amazing!!! 
    -hair and makeup --Traci Lynn Bucher (tracilynnmakeup.com)
    -DJ--Extreme Production DJ's (Dominic = awesome)...

hth!
  • edited December 2011
    -cake vendors
    Ettore's

-florists
    Katie with Ambience

-hair and makeup
    No recs, sorry

-DJ
    Sonny with Exquisite Events & Entertainment

HTH!  Happy Planning!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am using:

DJ- extreme productions but they are a bit more expensive.
    Florist's- Mom's Wholesale flowers (in Roseville off Auburn)
    Photog-Christopher Kight, alos a bit more expensive.
    hair and make up- no recs.

I have seen a few other florists, Bella Fiore and Every Bloomin' Thing were decently priced.

For DJs: Jsquared Audio seemed OK.

And lovestruckphotography.com was quite a bit cheaper price wise. FI and I didn't love them but every couple is different!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I live in Folsom! I had my hair done at Mirabou Salon....I can get you the girl's name that did my hair, she does a lot of weddings and she was surprisingly reasonble!  I can email you pics as well....my florist was amazing!  Very reasonable, and way surpassed my requests and ideas!  www.Flowerworks.biz I can't say enough about her!  Our DJ was awesome, but was from Manteca, so sure you could find someone closer.

• LiLKrssyLiLKrssy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hair- Shana Beals was rec. to me by a former knottie. She is fantastic. Her studio is downtown but she comes to you. *google her name and it should come up*

DJ- Mike Regan,with Mr. D.J. again fantastic. Rec. to me by our DOC and our venue

Florist- may be out of your price range for florist, but Shannon with flourish is possibly my most favorite vendor
  • Aimee8314Aimee8314 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will also second Divine Desserts in Loomis.  They are FABULOUS and run about the same price as most of the other popular bakers in Sacramento ($3.50 a serving generally)

Makeup - I just did my trial with Traci Lynn and she's just darling.  She did a fabulous job - and right now she's offering 25% off all services and a free trial.  (and she was already one of the most reasonable mua in town).

Good luck!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Hair & Makeup - I used Lea Savio and she was awesome!!! You can find her info in my bio. She was on-time, did an excellent job, and was very reasonable as far as pricing. Definitely call her and see if you can schedule a trial.

DJ - Tom Fretwell (Fretty's DJ & Limo) was great also!
  • edited December 2011
    Cake - Sweet Occasions by Wendy. She is newer to the business, but did an amazing job on our cake! She is from Vacaville and will deliver anywhere. We had a 3 tier cake for 130 people (3 different flavors, w/fondant + extra top layer to save for anniversary) and she only charged us $170 total. Sounds too good to be true, I know, but she truly was amazing and one of the best vendors we had!

Wendy: Murray5150@comcast.net
  • rae&ryanrae&ryan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flowers : Visual Impact - There work so well with you and they fit my budget perfectly! Everyone there is super creative.

Cake : River City Cake Co. -They are located in Elk Grove but for my cake serving 125 was just over $300 and the best part is that they will make you your top tier for your 1 year. No need to save! Unless of course you want to.
    Another good place is New Roma Bakery in Downtown Sacramento. My best friend got her cake there and it was wonderful!

Hair and Makeup: Allure Salon and Spa - Eyliana

Good luck and hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Lea at http://specialeventhairmakeup.shutterfly.com/

She's GREAT... and very affordable  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Flowers - Shannon w/ Flourish

Photography - Rachelle Photography

DJ - Brandon & Kami w/ Sound Image Entertainment
  • edited December 2011
    Ettore Bakery- you won't regret it.
    Officiant - Rev. Jeri Murphy- so sweet, organized, hard-working and an experienced professional. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hair and Makeup- Danielle Parker- Eternity Hair studios in Roseville. Makeup- Mary Kay cosmetics- www.marykay.com/amandabonham
    Sovay desserts - www.sovay.com
    Cakes- The Sweetest Things www.thesweetestthing.org

If I think of more, I'll surely post!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards