California-Northern

April Vineyard Wedding in Livermore

My fiance and I are starting to consider wineries in Livermore, as it seems they have fairly reasonable prices.  We'd like to stick with the end of April to benefit from off peak prices.  I'm fairly new to the area so I'm not sure what to expect weather/vegetation-wise.  I think we'll stick with places that have indoor options just in case it's too cold, but what does it look like in April?  I know it's not peak season, but will it be ugly?
My Blog: onewaytothebay.wordpress.com

Re: April Vineyard Wedding in Livermore

• Stay away from wente in Livermore in April. The winds are really strong. I went to a wedding there and we were all so cold. You might check out Lodi if you want a Vineyard... it will be half the price, and they are still really pretty.
  • The weather may be windy/rainy in April. Weather Channel has a weather predictor that you can check to see past weather conditions on your prefered day. That might help you.

If you want to look at Lodi, there aren't a lot of wineries that have indoor areas as well. 

• Thanks so much for the feedback!  It's definitely something to consider.  One thing I forgot to mention, if it makes a difference, is that we are only looking at wineries with indoor areas so we'd likely only be doing the ceremony outside.  I'm from the East Coast so I never trust the weather anywhere too much.  
  • My fiance and I are getting married at Murrieta's Well in Livermore on June 22nd, a Wente company Vineyard. It is nestled on the bottom of a hill with rows of grapevipes along the whole hill -perfect scenery! I went there the very end of May and the wind was pretty gusty but it was SUNNY and warm! and they offer the ceremony outdoors just feet from the vineyard and the reception indoors (just feet away) in the barrel room. The building will help block the wind for the ceremony depending on which way you have the chairs face...
     I heard it rained for a bride on her wedding day and they had tents set up for the ceremony and it looked lovely. Just look up MurrietasWell.com (or Google it) and see for yourself. THey can accomodate 50-120+ ppl. If you have a large party you may need to look into doing someplace nearby like Ruby Hill or Palm Event Center. BUT might I add that I haven't found these places to have half the deal that Murrieta's Well has, and MW is owned and catered by Wente Vineyards!
  • Thanks!  That's actually on my list to check out next weekend.  Good to hear from someone getting married there:-)  If you don't mind my asking, how much are you spending at Murrieta's Well (space, food, etc.)
  • Thanks, everyone for the feedback.  We decided to go with Elliston Vineyard in Sunol and are getting married on April 27, 2013.  The weather is a bit of a risk but we're only having the ceremony outdoors and can easily move everything inside if need be.  Can't wait!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards