Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

roots and groove DJ's?

Hi - does anyone have feedback on teh DJ group Roots and Groove?  I am looking for great music - lots of dancing - and not the usual wedding DJ's who aact as the master of ceremonies.  I just want good music and a flexible, but knowledgeable, DJ to work with me on planning the music for my wedding.

Re: roots and groove DJ's?

• edited December 2011
    Okay this is quite literally the 3rd time I've tried to respond to this post so I'm going to write really slow and hope the computer does not freeze again. We signed roots and groove on for our wedding in october. I haven't seen them in action yet, but upon meeting them they are clearly very very knowledgeable and passionate about music. I used to cater weddings at the Lambertville Station in NJ and the DJ that the LS would recommend was such a dud. He would just pop in the same wedding music every weekend and not pay attention to whether or not the guests liked it. So, I was really happy that John and Adam were not like that. I would definetely meet with them to see if they're what you're looking for.
  • edited December 2011
    yay it went through! phew!

Shawna
  • lbaratta2003lbaratta2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!
  • We just worked with Roots and Grooves and Adam was the absolute best. Erin and I are big music fans, and Adam was the perfect choice to accomidate our needs. He was extremely accomidating, making time to meet with us at least 6 times leading up to the wedding where we talked about our likes and dislikes, played us samples, and helped seamlessly integrate our punk rock style with some amazing dance mixes that kept the party going all night. Adam DJ'd the ceremony (processional, recession, etc), and gave us plenty of totally unique choices for ceremony music (that on several occassions freinds told us they were gong to steal for their weddings).  He did a great job announcing everyone, and once it was time to dance Adam got everyone out of their chairs with great dance, hip hop and punk mixes. The music was awesome, and kept everyone moving all night because he played great songs, not because he had to MC and steal the show.  If your looking for a DJ to keep you wedding moving because the music is rocking, not because he spends the night trying to talk everyone out of their seats, Roots and Grooves is the DJ to choose. I would recomend Roots and Grooves to anyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards