Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

30 Day Shred?

I really need to get my butt into shape for b-pics and bikini season. I have a petite frame and I'm naturally pretty skinny, so I do not want to lose weight, I just want to look more toned. I know a lot of ladies on here have used Jillian Michael's 30 Shred; would you recommend it for what I'm looking for, or would you recommend something else?

I read reviews on Amazon and they are almost all positive. I've never seen any Jillian Michaels dvds but she sounds good. The name 30 day Shred and some of the reviews though concern me that I might end up losing weight that I don't necessarily want to. Maybe this combined with a higher protien diet would work?

TIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 30 Day Shred?

• amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have Comcast?  They have Level 1 On Demand.  You could give it a try and if you like it you can buy it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Nope, we don't have any cable. I have an amazon gift card though, so I was just going to buy it (or something) off of there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The 30day shred def will tone up your body... it's supposedly will help you lose 30 lbs in a month if you do the dvd daily as well as the diet she suggests on her site... But I never did the diet. I have only made it to day 5 of the video then my body hates me. But I know MadamA has been doing well with her.. she will be able to provide more info...
  • edited December 2011
    I am a petite frame as well, and I use Jillian to tone.  Just use smaller weights (like 2lb or 3lb) and I wouldn't really change anything about your diet.  I switch between the 30 Day Shred and 6 Pack in 6 Weeks.  I like 6P6W because it deals with mostly core, which is where a lot of my issues are.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    RA-6P6W is that on demand? I never heard of that one... Do you like it?
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if it's on demand.  I got it at Target for like $10.  I really do like it!  Even though it's a lot of ab work, there's a lot of upper body stuff (ton of planks...) and a decent amount of leg work.

Though there are some things that I don't do because it hurts my wrists.  Like the side plank leg lifts.  No thanks.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I am on Level 3 and going strong. I also didn't start the program to specifically lose weight, but to tone up. I would say I have probably lost about a few lbs total since doing it for over a month, but it's tough to say because I have definitely gained muscle. I have dropped almost a full pant size and notice a difference in my waistline, hips and butt. I'd recommend it. Like pps said, I wouldn't do any of the dieting that can go along with the program, I'd just stick with the DVD. Also, just for some perspective, I do 30DS about 5-6x a week, in the mornings.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ok thanks! I think I will start with that and see how it goes. If I lose enough weight that my clothes become loose, I'd have to shop in the kids section :( 

Sometimes people assume that because of my size, I must be pretty fit but I am actually horribly out of shape. I know this is going to be hard, and I hope I can stay motivated.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Rachel--I hear you. It was a lot easier when I was in college, because I was dancing almost every day between dance classes and rehearsals.  Now I sit at a desk all day, I've lost a lot of the muscle that I used to have, and it's caused a really weak back. 

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you find you're losing weight, try upping your calories by 100-200 (add a protien filled snack).  This will also help your body fuel your muscles and the repairing process from ST.
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Ugh, same here RA! I took dance classes in college and even in grad school, but for the past year I have been doing absolutely nothing!

Mana, that's a good idea. I will begin with just the workout and no change in diet, and then if I find that I am losing weight I'll add in more calories/protien.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards