California-Northern
Options

dressmaker recommendations?

Hi, I'm new here. This seems like a very helpful place! I was wondering if anyone has good recommendations for a bridal dressmaker in Oakland, Berkeley, SF or near by.  I want to "upcycle" (i think that's the right term!) my mom's wedding dress. So I'm looking for more than a tailor or someone who does basic alterations. I want to make some major changes to the dress, and maybe add in some fabric. 

any advice would be much appreciated!! thanks!

-Nada

Re: dressmaker recommendations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually have a client who is having her daughter's dress made from a dressmaker/tailor in Oakland. She does really beautiful work. I have her business card in my desk at work. I will get her contact info for you tomorrow...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I cannot say enough good things about Kirsten Tucker, of Kirsten Tucker designs in San Mateo.  She does custom wedding gowns, and also works on the SF Opera, Disney on Ice, in addition to alterations on off-the-rack gowns.  She's really sweet and brilliant with fabric.  It would be worth giving her a call to see how you mesh.  :) 

http://www.yelp.com/biz/kirsten-tucker-designs-san-mateo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much. I appreciate it! Like I said, any suggestions are helpful! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard great things from two people about Anne Ventresco in Oakland. Anyone heard of her? I think I might give her a call. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    She was the business card I had! I hear she does great work but can be difficult to get a hold of...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards