California-Northern
Options

Forest House

Hi yall! I was just wondering if any you are getting married/or got married at Forest House up in Forest Hill. I have done some searches for it but don't end up with much. I am getting married there in May and I am interested if anybody else is booked there too!

Re: Forest House

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OH you're SO lucky! I have never even been there, but when searching for a venue, I came across that and started drooling! That place is SO pretty. My FI and Mom said it was too expensive (our budget is only 10k) and wouldn't get our money's worth.

So you booked this place??
    ~January 2011~
    WEDDING MONTH SC - Rings
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    eastokes239eastokes239 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yes I booked it. We are sooo lucky that we found this place. It was the first that we looked at and we couldn't imagine another place holding a candle to it. If you haven't found a venue yet I would still consider them, they are more about making sure what you want is what you have. They work out payment arrangements, and will negotiate prices with you. They are very sweet, a friend that I met through Forest house is going through financial difficulties and almost cancelled her wedding, but bret saved the day!We got a HUGE discount by just talking to them. The best thing about this place is everything is handled in one spot, they do the food, cake, drinks, they have rooms for your guest to stay for not drunk driving. They throw parties and invite the all the brides and grooms and family exclusivly (they are closed to the public) We have done a Valentines dinner 7 coarse meal, cocktail parties, and another tasting in August. We are on a very tight budget too (15,000) and they fit everything into it with money to spare for the extras. This venue is soooooo pretty inside that you don't many decorations at all so that the money for that budget can be put to another place. They offer linens, tables, chairs...They are amazing!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    BTW if that picture is of your dress...it is gorgeous! My FI wants me to get that one. Only problem: he has seen it!!! Ha Ha Great Dress!
  • Options
    cherokkee66cherokkee66 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also going to be getting married at the Forest House on May 21, 2011! i think for the value the Forest House is wonderful.  It may be a little out of some peoples budgets but for me being a full time student, I don't have the time to handle all the details myself and they will.  Plus I don't have to worry about scheduling a cateror, cake person, or decorator because they have people that will do that for me.Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Eastokes - Yes, that's my dress. And thank you. I love it too!! I bought it back in Jan. and it's now discountinued, besides the plus sizes, those they still have. I have booked our venue. But thanks for all the info. That place sounds absolutly AMAZING! I do wish now we would have at least talked to them about it. Oh well ;)
    ~January 2011~
    WEDDING MONTH SC - Rings
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just book the Forest House Lodge last week and are so excited. The venue is amazing and Brett makes me feel so relaxed. I can't wait:) Nov 4th 2011.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG!!!! THAT IS THE DAY AFTER I AM GETTING MARRIED THERE!!!! WOW!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TO all you brides that have had your wedding there... was it worth the cost? I am addicted to the idea of getting married there but I am so afraid it will totally blow my budget... we are hoping to have a meeting with Brett this weekend, so we can find out exactly what the cost will be for what we want... but, oh how I hope it will be worth it and I can talk my family and Fiance into it!!! LOL
  • Options
    I am booked there for 9/2/12! I absolutely love it! To those of you who already had your weddings there, did you do much decorating? They don't include chair covers and my FI thinks they are not necessary there. Any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards