California-Northern
Options

Wedding Timing

We are planning for our wedding for 5:00pm. Our guest list is a bit large and sometimes guests can run a bit late. We are worried about everyone parking and getting seated on time. I know they should just be on time but I am realistic and it just dosne't happen. Instead of starting late..has anyone ever been to a wedding where they invited guest to come perhaps 30 minutes before for like a cocktails hour. Do you remember what wording instead of cocktails was used on the invitation.

We thought if the majority of guests had 30 minutes before the wedding to get parked, sign the guest books and maybe get somethng to drink they wouldn't be so rushed or miss anything.

Any help would be great!..Enjoy the holiday!

Re: Wedding Timing

• Options
    edited December 2011
    glad to hear you're being realistic. :) are you worried about the ceremony starting late, thus pushing everything back? we're also having a 5pm ceremony and have alloted an hour for it. but we know that the ceremony won't actually take an hour, so there's some wiggle room as to when it starts. you could also include on a directions card in your invite to arrive a few minutes beforehand to park, etc. HTH.
  • Options
    apple_greenapple_green member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony is scheduled to start at 5:00, but we're planning to actually start around 5:10 or 5:15 to allow for the late guests. Parking isn't the best at our ceremony site.

If I were a guest I think I'd really like your idea of drinks. If you want to mention it in your invites, maybe say something about "refreshments."

Or you could just provide drinks (surprise guests) and plan on starting 10-15 minutes late. I think 30 minutes is a bit much, though, if they don't know about it in advance.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    apple, i like "refreshments," its got a nice ring to it. :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards