California-Northern
Options

NorCal brides, I need your planning tips!

Hey NorCal brides,

I need your planning secrets. Basically, what planning tips would you give to other brides in the area? Maybe where to take great photos in the NorCal-area or a cool  SF pub crawl, a great place for a day-after brunch or where to take advantage of local food? Any tips that are unique to your area for brides. Tell me what’s up.
Thanks in advance and have a great week!

KA

Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: NorCal brides, I need your planning tips!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

For photo sessions, the Japanese Tea Graden in San Francisco is great. So is the Ferry Building. Downtown Santa Rosa is a good location too.

For local food, I suggest the Off the Grid in San Francisco. It's basically where all the food trucks are: http://www.yelp.com/biz/off-the-grid-fort-mason-center-san-francisco-3

Day after brunch, I suggest The Palace hotel Sunday brunch...

Hope this helps. If I think of something, I will post it here.Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    nda_roxybabenda_roxybabe member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Little Chihuahuas is a great little burrito place for a quick meal (I always recommend this place as their plantain burritos are to die for).
    The irish bank is a fun local pub if you wanted a night out.
    The Stanford Court Hotel hosted an amazing morning of Wedding brunch.
  • Options
    cassandrae913cassandrae913 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Photos: lands end, Chrissy Field, the Presidio. Polk St is a great spot for a pub crawl. crawlSF is a great website that lists a bunch of different pub crawls. for day after brunch: Pier 23 on the water, the Palace, Rose's Cafe in the Cow Hollow area.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Knot AnnieKnot Annie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! What a great post to come in and see this morn!

KA
    Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Sonoma County, and we have a TON of great places up here.

If you want a super comprehensive list, let me know. :)

If you get anywhere near the beach (Bodega, Occidental, Sebastapol, Petaluma) you'll find great food, and lots of stuff to do.

Downtown Petaluma and Railroad Square in Santa Rosa have little boutiques and cute places to walk around. I would also recommend Railroad Square and Luther Burbank Gardens for pics.
  • Options
    gotitanggotitang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For great photo shots go to the old sugar mill.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AT&T Park and its surrounding area is a GREAT place for photo shoot... so many different textures... amazing photos!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Treasure Island - that's where my husband and I had ours done w/the SF Skyline, GG bridge and Bay Bridge in our background. In Berkeley, on Grizzly Peak Drive, if you stop in the right spot you can see the entire bay....breathtaking.
    Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Garden Valley Ranch in Petaluma is beautiful, it's like out of the movie Great Expectations or the Great Gatsby. They do weddings, but you can also go there with a photographer for portraits. (They do charge the admission though!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards