Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

January GTG

I know it's late and no on else is here but I want to know who would be up for a GTG downtown next month.  Some of you said you'd be up for it but I am wondering how difficult it would be for others.  There's plenty of places to go and if you don't want to drive in, there's public trans.  I just want to know how realistic this is.  If enough people are willing to come to the city, we'll work out a date later.
Photobucket

Re: January GTG

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am down :)  Depending when though, idk when my shower is yet.
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We'll work around it, don't worry.  you WILL be there!  Same goes for Nicole.  She WILL be there if I have anything to do with it :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a maybe depending on the day, as my January is pretty full.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll make a poll on dates later.  I'm pretty open in January except for the first weekend b/c I have a parade to go to ;) 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    lisalaroclisalaroc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely go!!  I prefer not to drive though so as long as I can walk there from one of the train stations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of places in Center City like Fox and Hound or another place in that area.  The only place I won't do is the Irish Pub for a very good reason. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

im in for philly!

October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I voted yes, but a weekend would definitely be easier to get down there for me,,,
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted yes, but it depends on the date.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote yes also, but that depends on the date, of course.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm  a yes as long as it is not January 2nd for obvious reasons!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Depending on when/where I'd be in. I'll have to drive so as long as there is parking nearby, I'm game :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    If I am not on call, I will come in on public transportation.

However, if I am on call, I might skip it.  Paying upwards of $20 for parking AND THEN eating, can be a bit much for me.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_january-gtg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:271bedd2-6006-43c2-ab06-ebdab1d10348Post:0cb1816e-bec4-44ca-849c-d96127d376a7">Re: January GTG</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I am not on call, I will come in on public transportation. However, if I am on call, I might skip it.  Paying upwards of $20 for parking AND THEN eating, can be a bit much for me.
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

I will take the train too :)  Maybe I can take the train with you! :)
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends on the date- but I'd be interested

I could take the good old R6 in that I take every day ;)  (oh sorry- the Norristown train...cant get used to getting ride of the 'R''s)
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    And for girls who have to park... if you are willing to walk, I def know of some parking lots that are $10 and under.  No need for those crazy expensive $20 lots!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I voted "yes" since Center City is much closer to me than the western burbs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I voted yes depending on the date.
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    It depends on the date, but I would go. 

There is a lot that is $8.50 on 23rd and Cherry, and a lot of other cheaper lots.  If any of you Norristown girls want we can go together.  A train ticket is $11 round trip anyways (that is peak I'm not sure about weekends.) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_january-gtg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:271bedd2-6006-43c2-ab06-ebdab1d10348Post:0cb1816e-bec4-44ca-849c-d96127d376a7">Re: January GTG</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I am not on call, I will come in on public transportation. However, if I am on call, I might skip it.  Paying upwards of $20 for parking AND THEN eating, can be a bit much for me.
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

Street parking is free on Sunday.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_january-gtg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:271bedd2-6006-43c2-ab06-ebdab1d10348Post:c8444831-9594-4727-8bcb-0d0fadd7d5d8">Re: January GTG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: January GTG : Street parking is free on Sunday.
    Posted by Stacylynn702[/QUOTE]

i vote for a sunday!  haha :)
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A weekend is a must for me b/c I don't even get out of work til 6 and then there's a 50 minute commute home considering traffic on 76.  I think a Sunday might be best anyway. 

So looks like enough of us are in.  I'll put up a date post. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    bballgirl8789bballgirl8789 member
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering what's a GTG?  Are all knotties welcome?  Do you do them every month? Thanks :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_january-gtg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:271bedd2-6006-43c2-ab06-ebdab1d10348Post:07050a5e-76e3-4e0a-abcf-48d4040f3e35">Re: January GTG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was wondering what's a GTG?  Are all knotties welcome?  Do you do them every month? Thanks :)
    Posted by bballgirl8789[/QUOTE]

A get together.  We meet in different locations pretty much every month.  I've personally never been so I can't give you details but all Philadelphia Knotties are welcome :)
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards