California-Northern
Options

Ceremony under a Redwood Tree?

Help! I am trying to plan a lovely, low-key, outdoor wedding in Northern Cali .... from FLORIDA! I grew up in CA and now live on the east coast but we love the idea of exchanging our vows under a majestic old tree (which are hard to come by here ;) ). I've done a little research on Sequoia and Redwood National Parks and it seems there are a lot of restrictions (which I can appreciate the caution) and the ceremonies can't actually be at the base of the trees. Anyone have a suggestion for somewhere that will allow this or an alternative with the same vibe? thanks!

Re: Ceremony under a Redwood Tree?

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Huddart Park

Check out the state parks. I don't know what facilities you think you need, but California has lots of virgin redwoods in state parks.

Mountain Terrace in Woodside would be an all-inclusive for you, more or less. It has redwoods.

Roaring Camp Railroad is in the midst of virgin redwood forest and has weddings.

"virgin" means never been logged

There are also redwoods in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. Also near the Trocadero Clubhouse. Trocadero would give you an indoor reception venue.

I think there are redwoods near the Brazilian Room.
  • Options
    thank you both for the great suggestions :)
  • Options
    Let us know where you book so we can make further recommendations. [baker, photgrapher, etc] Good luck!
  • Options
    Hi there,

I actually live in Eureka, Calif. and am planning my wedding for down in Sacramento! Eureka and Crescent City have beautiful redwood state parks. I would suggest looking specifically into the Prairie Creek Redwood State Park in Crescent City. I've camped there and they have an outdoor ceremony site than can be used for weddings. You can check it out at: http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=415. Here's another site that might have some good options for Eureka: http://redwoods.info/showrecord.asp?id=3387.

Good luck!
    September Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards