California-Northern

Rustic, AFFORDABLE (I'm talking cheap) venues in Bay Area

My fiance and I are on a tight budget (about 8k for nearly everything). We are a pretty crafty couple so most of things we will be making and preparing ourselves. We're getting married next November and at the moment we are going venue shopping! We want the reception, in total, to be about 60% of the budget but we are having trouble finding something for that price. Are we crazy for even trying?!

In any case we are open to all opinions and ideas. If any of you ladies have attempted this feat or trying to do the impossible like my fiance and I please leave a message!

Re: Rustic, AFFORDABLE (I'm talking cheap) venues in Bay Area

• edited December 2011
    I would say that your best bet is to look at local park & rec locations, community centers, and places like Elks Lodges.
  • edited December 2011
    I would also like to know more about this. Any quaint, maybe off-the-beaten-path type  locations.... any thoughts?

• edited December 2011
    I have been considering The Brazilian Room because an off-season wedding is much cheaper (On a Sunday its like 1900+). But!! You have to choose from a caterer from their list... and they're not cheap. I havent ruled it out but if none of the caterers are able to work with my budget Im going to have to keep on looking.
  • edited December 2011
    I am in the same boat as you.  It is really tough, we actually broke the budget on our venue cost.....but now we are trying to book caterers and everything else for cheap...it's almost impossible.
    I would look into a Sunday or Thursday wedding.  Also, look at a mid-morning or afternoon wedding where you can get away with light food and don't need to serve a whole meal.  How many people do you have?
    Let's keep in touch, I'm sure we can share some great cost savings ideas!

Lauren
  • edited December 2011
    The Micke Grove Japanese Garden is really cheap. Its in Lodi
  • edited December 2011
    It looks beautiful! I forgot to mention that it will be a November wedding. So Im afraid of an outdoor ceremony or reception...
  • edited December 2011
    The Vineyard Club in Geyserville - http://vineyardclub.org/

Around $2500, less or more depending on the date and number of guests, but it includes almost all the rentals you'd need (tables, chairs, china, flatware, glassware, bread baskets, serving dishes, etc), a big kitchen for the caterer, pop corn machine, coffeemaker, and more.
  • edited December 2011
    try your local community centers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards