California-Northern

Catering Alternatives-NEED LOCAL IDEAS

I had found an awesome priced caterer named Capitol City Catering, went to my tasting, all was good. But I have done some investigating and found some bad reviews and since the tasting dispite my several emails they have not contacted me back. I'm nervous now about hiring them now and they were the only one within my $1000 budget. So I'm looking for alternatives now that will keep within my budget.

I am purfectly fine with bbqing chicken, with rice or potatos, a salad, rolls, and fruit salad. Very simple meal some can be prepped or prepared the day before.

My idea is to purchase everything myself. Some groceries stores cater but I'm finding many restaurants are looking to make a buck so they're not so cheap. Hire a cook or chef if they have an assistant awesome or I find a few friends that work in the food industries.

Is there anyone out there who has bought the food and hired a chef and assistant? Is there other ideas? I have plenty of time my wedding is not until next year. I have a family friend who is an awesome cook but that is a lot of guests and makes preparing food hard.

Re: Catering Alternatives-NEED LOCAL IDEAS

• Maybe post an ad at a local culinary school? 

If you like BBQ, why not just hire a BBQ restaurant? When we were looking around, they were most affordable. 

Are you looking in Sacramento? What about Texas West BBQ? I know they cater.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-northern_catering-alternatives-need-local-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:56Discussion:fc3bc80a-6f5f-4fa0-897e-5b12466fb812Post:28aaf56b-1cfe-4590-830f-d3c70071b578">Re: Catering Alternatives-NEED LOCAL IDEAS</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe post an ad at a local culinary school?  If you like BBQ, why not just hire a BBQ restaurant? When we were looking around, they were most affordable.  Are you looking in Sacramento? What about Texas West BBQ? I know they cater.
    Posted by anglyn[/QUOTE]

I checked them out but that is still not within my budget. Any other ideas for Sacramento area?
  • Hi,

We're using ABC Catering in Sacramento for our wedding. Cost is about $12 a plate.
    http://www.abcgrill.com/menu/combo-1

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards