California-Northern

Need Reviews George Street Photography

Hi All
Has anyone used this company in the bay area? i was contacted by them and have hear to stay away from large photography studios.
the quote we got was very reasonable but I don't want to get a horrible photog or experience.

any feedback would be helpful, thanks

Judi

Re: Need Reviews George Street Photography

• QueerFemmeQueerFemme member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-northern_need-reviews-george-street-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:56Discussion:fdb2e14d-83d9-4e2b-9a81-ec5028c9bccaPost:8708919d-ca22-4b15-917f-4c60a9a1ca98">Need Reviews George Street Photography</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi All Has anyone used this company in the bay area? i was contacted by them and have hear to stay away from large photography studios. the quote we got was very reasonable but I don't want to get a horrible photog or experience. any feedback would be helpful, thanks Judi
    Posted by Romanholiday2013[/QUOTE]

I don't have any review for them specifically, but I also heard to stay away from big studios.  And based on my experience with the 100+ brides on my month board, I agree with it. Everyone who had independent photogs got much better photos and better turnaround time on edits.  Some brides who went with large studios are stil waiting for their photos 2+ months later.
  • I'm with cmgilpin....I've dealt with some of the larger firms and it's really really inpersonal and...well disconcerting how I've been treated. If you want a great photog and a great price message me and I can give you a link to mine. She's been phenomanal and her prices are great. 
  • Also, if you go with a larger company... chances are, you might not meet your photographer until your wedding day. They dispatch people based on availability. 

I don't know what part of northern california you are from, but if it's the bay area, let me know, and I can connect you with my person too.   She has packages that start around $1200.00
  • I'm using them. I haven't met with my photographer yet but met with a wedding coordinator who l really liked. I liked being able to choose from a list of photographers bases on their work. I also liked all of the add on's and prom's i got a 90 min free engagement secession for booking in January. We are having it filmed as well so their video/phot package was perfect for what we were looking for. I can see why people steer away but I also don't see a reason why not to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards