California-Northern

Anyone familiar with Plymouth, CA area?

Hi, I'm new to the site... I am getting married next June and I am looking for referrals regarding:

1. Hair and make-up for me (no wedding party)
2. DJ: reasonably priced...this is a very small, fmaily only wedding, so I really only need the DJ for the ceremony processional/recessional music, cocktail hour and throughout dinner. I have no idea if there will be much dancing going on, so this should be an easy gig! :) ***The next night we are having a reception in another city that will be much more fun :)
3. Florist. I will only need on bouquet, one corsage, and three boutanieres.
4. Officiant...non-religious.

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it! It's a bit of a challenge planning from out of state!

Re: Anyone familiar with Plymouth, CA area?

• edited December 2011
    I got a lot of my recommendations from my venue. We found our cake, DJ and our minister from our venue. Do they have a vendor list they can provide you? You can also check out vendor reviews to see if anyone pops up. 

We went to a local salon for hair and make up. 

If you want someone on site - foxyface.net is pretty reasonable for makeup.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks Anglyn!   We are actually getting married at a private residence on a 30 acre vineyard, so unfortunately, it doesn't come with any recommendations. Frown  I am planning from out of state, so that makes it a bit more difficult!

Do you recall who the DJ was and do you recall the name of the local salon?
    Who did your flowers?

I appreciate your help!
  • Aimee8314Aimee8314 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would contact Monique Wilbur at www.aspecialdaydesigns.com she is awesome and really reasonable.  Our DJ is from Nevada - but they travel (as long as you're not getting married in winter...) www.lastresortdj.com

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have any specific vendors to give you, but my suggestion would be to look into vendors located in Sacramento.  Sacramento isn't ultra far from Plymouth and I am surethat a lot would travel to your area.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Plymouth, CA also. At Bella Piazza winery. I am using Lakeside Sounds which does ceremony to end of reception for a great price and I found my floral lady on Criaglist and I love her soo far!! If you need any help or have any questions let me know. The only thing I dont have is a cake person. But i have alot of great referrals. I was going to do a private resident wedding with these vendors but now am doing the winery. So they both can do private resident.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the response futuremrsxenos!

Do you mind me asking how much the DJ is?

Also, who are you using for hair and make-up (if you are using someone). I am looking for a duo to come to the house, I really do not want to travel to a salon and I have no idea who is good in the area.

Thank you!

• edited December 2011
    I am paying 850 for unlimited time DJ. Which is an amazing cost! I am currently working on hair and makeup. Found a makeup person gonn ameet with her nov 5th. but havent found a hair person. Sorry i cant help with that. But i am like you. I want everything to come to me. hahaha. Good luck and if u find a good hair person let me know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards